Chapter 03: Lake if Lost Souls

Start from the beginning

“We'll see about that” he remarked sternly, before tightening his grip on the pistols. “Back there, you mentioned you knew Crona....I want you to tell me everything that happened” Death the Kid demanded. “Why you arrogant punk!” Free Wolf snapped, but Eruka glared at the wolf man in a silencing way, before looking up at Kid. “You probably already figured it out by now, but Crona and I used to serve the Witch Medusa” she began to which Death the Kid's glare darkened slightly. “Yes, that I'm already aware of” he told her. “Well, did you know that Free Wolf here, and the Witches known as the Mizune sisters, served Lady Medusa as well?” she asked. Kid began to feel slightly irritated “what does any of that have to do with what happened to Crona?” he asked sternly. “Would you let me finish?” Eruka snapped.

“....Sorry, please continue then” Kid managed, realizing the frog witch was his best chance at finding Crona quickly. Eruka lowered her head, before looking up “do you know Why we served her?” she asked. “What?” Kid blinked “I thought you served her willingly, are you implying that, that wasn't the case?” he asked. “You're kidding right? I hated Medusa with a burning passion” Eruka confessed. “Then why? If you hated her that much, why the hell did you willingly help her plunge the world into Chaos?!” Death the Kid snapped. “Because just like Crona, I was afraid of Medusa's wrath” Eruka confessed, causing Death the Kid’s eyes to widen in shock. Eruka lowered her head and sighed mournfully. “After a meeting of the witch's counsel, the eldest Mizune sister and I attempted to confront Medusa about her conduct, and the threat her actions could create for us witches” she began solemnly.

“Crona was obviously afraid of her, he didn't even try to stop her when she placed her magic snakes in our bodies, that night, we decided we were going to rid the witches of the reckless snake, but when we confronted her, she killed the eldest Mizune sister right in front of me” she began, her small hands balling up into fists. “I had to watch those magic snakes tear her apart from the inside out” Eruka nearly cried, her body began to tremble. “She told me if I didn't do what she wanted, that my fate would become the same, the Mizune sisters were right, I am a coward; I served Medusa because I was afraid of her snakes” Eruka confessed. Death the Kid felt a pang of sympathy and lowered the guns, before sheathing them within easy reach, as he then walked over. “So, in other words, you were just as much a slave to her insanity as Crona was? Is that what you're trying to say?” he inquired.  

Eruka lowered her head more covering her face “I didn't want to do it, but Medusa made me” she sobbed. Kid flinched slightly before placing a hand on her shoulder “please, tell me what she made you do” he told her. “She made me lie to the Mizune sisters, about their eldest sister’s death, she made me tell them that the academy and Death City was responsible for what happened to her” Eruka confessed looking sad, before looking up at the young shinigami. “But it was all a part of Medusa's insidious plan, so that during the Anniversary celebration of the DWMA, she could use the Mizune sisters to begin an assault on Death City and the Academy, that way me and Free could slip in undetected, and inject the black blood into the Kishin Ashura, while Crona would keep anyone from coming after us” Eruka explained.

Death the Kid's eyes dimmed slightly 'Crona was always soo scared when Medusa was alive, even this witch is trembling at the very mention of that damn Medusa's name, she doesn't appear to be lying, I can sense a genuine feeling of guilt resonating from her' he thought as he looked at her. “But how does that explain what happened to Crona, forgive me, but I'm failing to see the connection here” he confessed. Eruka looked up at him, and wiped her eyes one of her long gray sleeves before looking at him. “When I found out about Medusa's death, I had to be sure, I knew that Crona was always practically at her side, so if anyone would know if it was true, it'd likely be him” she explained. “I knew it was risky to enter Death city, but I had to know if it was safe to” she began, lowering her head grabbing her arm mournfully.