Chapter 01: The Missing Demon Sword

Chapter One: The Missing Demon Sword

It had been some time since the final battle, against the Kishin god known as Asura, and it seemed that things were finally starting to get back to normal. Stein's madness was back under control; Medusa's and Arachnophobia’s influence seemed to be completely wiped out now. Even the sun was making its usual boasting, heaving breaths high in the sky. Yep, everything was fine now, or so they thought. Meanwhile, a slender young figure, sat scrunched up in the corner, of a dark dungeon styled room. Their face buried into a pillow, until a gentle knock on the door, caused the pink haired boy to shift his head tiredly, and look over at it. "Crona?" came a young girl's voice, to which Crona blinked innocently, realizing he recognized it. "Maka? Wha, what is it?" he asked softly "Lord Death wants to see you" she told him. 

This was it, he was going to be exiled, he just knew it, why else would Lord Death wish to see him? Just thinking about it, made him feel a twisting knot form in his stomach. "Crona? are you alright?" Maka asked worriedly "y, yeah.....I'm fine" Crona managed, before he strode over to the bed, and placed the pillow back upon it. He then walked over to the door, and opened it, only to see Maka and Soul staring back at him. "Tch geez Crona, took you long enough" Soul remarked snidely. Crona sighed mournfully, lowering his head in an apologetic manner. "S, sorry Soul" Crona spoke sadly, before suddenly Maka whacked Soul on the head with her book.. "Ow, what did you do that for Maka?!" Soul fumed "don't bully Crona" she lectured the white haired weapon, before taking Crona's hand gently, and gave him a warm smile.

"Let's go Crona, Lord Death is waiting" she told him. "Okay" he spoke in his usual frail tone, before he followed her towards the Death Room. His heart was pounding heavily in his chest, he couldn't remember it being soo loud as it was today, as they walked into the Death Room together. "Lord Death, I brought Crona like you told me to" Maka chimed happily, as Crona fidgeted nervously, deeply hoping that Ragnarok, wouldn't decide to come out and cause any trouble. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to handle that right now if the creature did. "Hiya, wassup, how's it hanging?" spoke the childish looking grim reaper, before waving a big hand. "Thank you Maka, you can go back to class now" he told her, in that goofy voice of his. Maka bowed and smiled at Crona "I'll see you later okay?" she told him in an assuring manner. Crona managed a smile and nodded to her, before she made her way out of the room. Though in all honesty, Crona kinda wished that Lord Death would've let Maka stay, since he wasn't sure how to deal with this alone. He knew fully well, it wasn't the same, as the time when he demanded to be given the chance, to go after Lady Medusa with Miss Marie.

He found himself gripping his arm tightly, and glancing about the almost cheery looking room nervously, before he spotted a familiar face, and felt his cheeks flush a little, quickly glancing away. "Crona, you know that you caused a lot of damage to the academy in support of Medusa, don't you?" Lord Death began, Crona felt like a massive weight was suddenly dropped on his shoulders, the guilt felt suffocating. "Y, yes sir" he weakly uttered. "Now Crona, normally I'd have no choice, but to exile you permanently from the academy, for such actions" the grim reaper explained. Crona sighed mournfully, his head dropping forwards, almost as though, those were the worst words, he could ever hear the grim reaper say. "I understand....I'll go pack my things then" Crona answered, sorrow drenching his tone, as he turned to leave the room in defeat. "Wait, now hold on a minute Crona, I haven't finished what I was going to say" he told him.

Crona had begun to dread facing Maka and the others, and having to tell them that he was being exiled from the academy. He tried to fight back the tears that he felt were beginning to form. When suddenly, the grim reaper spoke again, causing Crona to stop dead in his tracks, his eyes widening in shock and confusion. He then lowered his head even more, allowing his pale pinkish bangs to conceal his eyes. 'It gets worse.... doesn't it?' was all he could think. "I was about to say, that's what would Normally happen, however, seeing as how you helped us defeat Medusa, despite her being your mother, and helped us repair the damage that was done to Professor Stein, I've decided to make an exception, and allow you to continue to stay here at the academy as a student" the grim reaper finished. Crona gasped and turned to look at the grim reaper in astonishment. "Wha, wait, wha, what?! Y, you mean? I'm not being exiled?!" he blurted out, seeming quite clearly confused.