Riley Meets Boy pt. 1

Warning: I don't know sometimes Nathan likes to swear in class. It's a problem that he has fully committed to never getting rid of. Also he's 14 so he has 14 year old humor
John Quincy Adams Middle School Hallway

Maya and Riley were standing in front of their lockers. Riley alternating between looking at her phone and then at Lucas and Maya staring at Riley.

"Talk to him." Maya says as the bell for class rings.

"Why? You heard what Nathan said, I weird Lucas out Maya."

Maya scoffs, "Nathan doesn't know what he's talking about. The two of you are always smiling at each other. There's no way he doesn't like you."

"You really think so?" Riley asks hopefully.

"Of course I do. I know what I'm talking about."

"So what should I do."

Maya takes Riley's phone out of her hands and pushes Riley in Lucas's direction, "Talk to him."

Riley walks behind where Lucas is sitting and attempts to talk to him, but words don't come out. Instead all Riley ends up doing is mouthing 'hi' and 'hello'.

'Talk to him,' Maya mouths. Riley smiles at her best friend, but only ends up sniffing Lucas.

With a skip in her step she walks back to Maya, "How'd I do?"

"You smelled him."

"Yup."

"You smelled him is what you did."

"I walk through life, the way I walk through life."

"Can we please talk about this," Maya asks as the second bell rings for class.

"Whatever you two need to talk about can you do it somewhere that's not in front of the door. Some of us actually come to school to learn.

Maya turns around and glares at Nathan, "Can you not?"

Nathan smirks at Maya, "Can I not be tardy? Sure. I just need you to move out of the way of the door."

"Ugh."

"Nathan, please don't agitate one of my future wives. Maya would you please move so we can get to our seats?"

"Whatever."

"So Texas, you up for a quick game of Mario Kart before my dad starts class?" Nathan asks as he, Lucas, and Farkle enter the classroom and take their seats.

"I'm game if Farkle is."

"Oh, you know I am," Farkle says pulling out his switch. "You two chumps are nothing when it comes to my prowess on Rainbow Road.

"Aw not Rainbow Road." Nathan cries dramatically.

"My switch my rules. Move the desks, get your controllers out, and prepare to lose."

The three boys crowd around Nathan's desk and are so engrossed in their game that they don't notice Cory come into the class and start his lesson.

"That was a total dick move, Texas." Nathan exclaimed.

"Hey don't use take that tone with me, New York. I picked up that power up fair and square."

"Oh, yeah. And it just so happens to be that every time you grab a power up it's a bomb. I'm not buying it."

"You're just being a sore loser because you know that Yoshi and I are about to finally win."

"No, way. Luigi and I are taking home the gold this time."