19. Let's Wrestle

Chrollo POV

We talk and laugh while rejoicing Y/N's return. My eyes are on her the entire time. I feel so happy, so complete now that she's here with me. Everyone looks genuinely happy as well, now that she's back. As we update her on what's been happening within the troupe, I can tell the members all have one thing on their minds.

"So, Y/N where'd that kid come from?" Uvo inquires.

There it is.

She smiles a little before she responds.

"Her name is Canary, and she was...given to me."

"Who's the father?" Machi asks hesitantly.

Machi...why the hell would you ask that?

"I don't know." Y/N responds with a shrug and a grimace.

Everyone remains quiet for a short moment before Uvo erupts.

"THIS IS AWKWARD."

Machi, Shalnark, and Feitan just laugh while Paku, Nobu, Phinks, and Franklin scoff.

Y/N bursts out laughing before she says, "Guys, I was never pregnant, thankfully, she was literally given to me, kind of like an adoption."

"You almost gave the boss a heart attack." Nobu says.

"Boss everything ok? You look a bit red." Feitan adds.

I quickly regain my composure and respond, "I wasn't expecting that response."

"Hmm I have always wondered what Chrollos' children would look like." Paku says to Y/N.

"Maybe one day we'll get to see." Y/N says. This woman has no idea what she's doing to me.

"So, Y/N," Uvo chimes in, "there's something we need to test you on before you do anything in the troupe." He walks over to a large flat boulder, lifts it and places it in the middle of the group. "Arm wrestling, we'll test your strength to see your placement in the troupe. Show her the ranks Kortopi."

A little man with lots of hair appears next to her as she looks over the rankings.

As she looks over the ranks her face becomes dark and the air becomes thick, heavy, like wading through a swamp

As she looks over the ranks her face becomes dark and the air becomes thick, heavy, like wading through a swamp. That's a vile aura coming from her. My eyes lock on her and everyone slightly tenses under her new demeanor, raising their guard, she may be family, but she's already shown us that she can be quite unpredictable. The lighthearted mood has vanished and is replaced by a tense, unsettling silence. Before the child breaks it that is.

"Momma, what's wrong?" Canary asks.

Her aura lets up slightly as she turns the chart to us. Her face holds a scowl as she tells us what's bothered her.