12. Much Wow

Canary POV

Mom was really...scary. I've never felt that scared before in my life. She didn't even look like herself when she used ren. Her face was angry, well beyond angry, she made me feel like I was going to die, but I'm sure she didn't mean it.

Moms got this new power after all I'm sure that had something to do with it. But now that I think about it when Zushi, Mom and I used to train, there was something about her aura that freaked me out, but it was never as powerful as this.

"Momma, why was your nen like that? Is something wrong?"

Her face was just blank and she barely said anything after we left the arena. I guess she doesn't want to talk about it. The people outside though, they looked at Mom like she was...their enemy, like she was a freak, an outcast. I mean yeah, her aura was pretty frightening but, she's not a bad person. She's the greatest mom in the world. But now that I think of it, where are we even going?

Y/N POV

'WHY WOULD YOU REVEAL YOURSELF LIKE THAT CHILD'

'DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES'

'It's okay Y/N just be more careful next time. People can really get hurt and I'm surprised Canary wasn't.'

'SHE NEEDS TO LEARN TO CONTROL HER EMOTIONS! HEED MY WORDS CHILD!! YOU CAN DESTROY THIS WORLD IF YOU DO NOT LEARN CONTROL!!!'

'She will never learn if she does not experience'

'Why didn't you teach her of these things while you were of the physical world? You chose to leave her ignorant with that much power at her disposal?'

"SHUT UP!!! I CAN'T EVEN THINK WITH ALL OF YOU ARGUING!!"

Silence.

"Momma, please tell me you're ok."

I look over to Canary to see a look I never want to see on my child's face. She's hurt, confused, but most of all scared. I haven't even noticed that we've just been walking, I don't even know where we are. I haven't said anything since we left Heavens Arena either. I reach out to her and she tenses, is she really afraid of me? Please no baby, I need you.

"Please Canary, don't be scared of momma. I never meant to scare you. I didn't know it would be like that. Momma's very confused right now so I'm sorry if I'm frightening you, so please..."

I reach my arms out to hug her and without hesitation she runs into them. The past Mothers are right though I have to learn to control my emotions and the amount of power I use. I haven't even truly used my power yet and I've already scarred Canary.

"Mom?" Canary says as she lifts her head from my chest.

"Yes Canary?"

"Where are we going?"

"Uhhh, honestly I don't know. I don't know where we are either."

"😑 Mom, really?"

"If I remember correctly, you did not make me aware that we were lost."

"You had your own thing going on. I thought you just didn't want to talk and it doesn't matter anyway wherever you go I'll follow even if we get lost."