17. She's Home

Y/N's POV

As I follow them to the base I felt so...warm. I've missed them so much and I can't believe I'm here now.

"We're almost there Y/N. Try not to give everyone a heart attack, especially danchou." Machi whispered the end and gave me a wink.

"Danchou?" I repeated.

"That's what we call Chrollo now Y/N. He's the official leader of our group. We've also changed a bit from what you can remember due to our new lifestyle, but we're still the same people. Just, keep an open mind." Phinks explains.

"What do you mean, new lifestyle?" I question

They all look at each other, trying to guess who should tell me what they do. They seem nervous, what could be so bad about what they do? They probably don't suspect that I've changed as well. Suddenly Feitan speaks up.

"We steal and kill Y/N, whatever we want we take and it doesn't matter who the target is. They could be innocent or deserving, young or old, it doesn't matter, and if they stand in our way they will be killed like the rest of them."

I stop walking and just take it all in. They stop as well and just watch my expression.

"So, so you're...bandits?"

"Uhh yea kind of, but it's a good way of living for us. It gives us...it gives us purpose." Machi explains.

I'm a little unsure of how I feel about their new "job", mainly the killing of innocents. I've only killed those who tried to harm me or Canary, but maybe when we make it to the base they can elaborate more. I have to give them a chance.

"So what made you guys go this route?" I question.

"It's probably better if we just make it to the base first. You'll be able to ask Chrollo everything you want to know." Phinks says.

Canary grabs my hand a little tighter and walks a little closer to me than before. I guess she's not too sure of them.

As we continue walking I feel a sharp pain in my head. I gasp and grab at my temples.

Canary stops walking and quickly turns to check on me.

"Mama...what's wrong?"

'Do not go with them child. They are not the people you once knew, they're savages.'

"Stop." I quietly plead.

"Y/N are you okay?" Machi asks as she places a hand on my back.

'They've admitted what they are and you still choose to follow? If you go in there you won't like what you'll find. Leave them now Y/N, they will only be your downfall.'

The pain gets worse with every sentence she speaks. This voice is not the mother I knew. It's another one.

"No, sh-shut up"

'Leave or I will make you.'

"Get out of my head!" I demand

Everyone stares at me in confusion and panic as I fall to my knees, tightly gripping the sides of my head. They're unsure of what to do.

'Leave. Now.'

"STOP IT!!!" I yell as I slam my hands on the ground, creating a tremor that shakes everyone and everything around me.