Episode 16: (A Bitter Discovery)

Lloyd threw two orbs of energy at Wu, and Wu dodged both and sent one back using his bamboo stick. The green ninja avoided the orb and stared at his master with pale, blue eyes.

"What's that?" Jay said, referring to the hoard of soldiers approaching them.

"Oh that? That's my army." Lloyd replied, sending more orbs at Wu.

"Kai, Nya, Jay, Cole, and P.I.X.A.L., try and slow down the army. If you get the chance, run to the palace to find Zane." Wu ordered.

"I think you'll find the chances of personally attacking me limited." Lloyd said. Kai and Jay ran to the army, both with their elements in their hands. They threw their elements at the army, yet it had no effect against the troops.

"Why isn't this working?" Jay shouted in frustration. Meanwhile, Lloyd had trained his attention on Wu, and the two fought in a duel against one another.

Lloyd activated spinjitzu, and Wu responded with his own. Lloyd got thrown back from Wu's, but got back up, returning the favor with energy made in the form of flames. He shot two flames at Wu, who used his bamboo stick to deflect them.

"What a nice bamboo stick you got there." Lloyd sneered. He started charging up more light, and attacked Wu. The fight then turned into hand to hand combat, Wu with the advantage due to his stick, but Lloyd dealing more damage by using his element.

Lloyd jumped back, panting on his knees. Wu paused for a moment, noticing him and the chaos around him. He saw Akita fighting Kataru, and the ninja as well as P.I.X.A.L. in the midst of an army.

"Why are you doing this?" Wu chucked his bamboo stick at Lloyd, who evaded. Wu grabbed it back, and the two faced each other.

"Had a change of heart." Lloyd shrugged. Using his powers, he blasted the ground where Wu laid. Wu moved from the area, the ground where he had stood on shattered to pieces.

"I don't mean Lloyd. Why are you doing this?" He asked again, hitting Lloyd in the shoulder. Lloyd backed off, and met Wu with cold eyes.

Lloyd stared at Wu, his powers in his hands. "Ah, I knew you figured it out. I guess Lloyd's sensei does have some smarts. But let's get the proper introductions first." Lloyd stopped his powers, and looked up at Wu. "I am Zane, Ruler of the Never Realm, and am known throughout the lands as the ice emperor."

Wu dropped to the ground. "Why would my pupil turn against me?" He demanded.

Lloyd sighed. "Old man, you've had many turn against you. From Morro, to Garmadon, your life is a miserable story just ready to be finished." Lloyd leaped up, swinging down on Wu who dodged.

"Why did you turn against us?" Wu repeated, charging at Lloyd. Lloyd smirked and threw a wave of green against him, one blast hitting Wu in the chest and sending him flying.

"Maybe because I was tired with your antics? Or maybe I just hated you all along. Who knows?" Lloyd laughed, sending more green light at Wu.

Wu braced himself from the attack, then observed Lloyd. Lloyd seemed exhausted, but he went on fighting with cold blue.

"Your going to kill him Zane!" Wu shouted out, whipping out his bamboo stick.

Lloyd smiled. "Like I care about this fool. The only reason he's still alive is because of his powers. Otherwise, he would've died a long time ago."

"Died?" Wu gasped.

"What else do you think I do with those that betray me? Keep them around me like we're friends? No, I kill them off and relish their screams." He said with a smile.

"Zane, you mean you've killed people?" Wu said, shocked. He moved to avoid the oncoming green fire.

"I think that is what the word implies, yes." Lloyd continued firing at Wu.

"What happened to you?" Wu cried out. Lloyd only stared.

"Why do you even care?" Lloyd responded. Seeing Lloyd's weakness, Wu leaped, and bringing his stick upon Lloyd, struck him to the ground.

Lloyd closed his eyes for a split second, surprised at the attack when ice started freezing his arms and legs. Wu backed off, allowing Lloyd to get up. The ice soon disappeared, and Lloyd regained his weak stature.

"You really are going to kill him aren't you?" Wu whispered.

"Now your getting the bigger picture." Lloyd said. He threw more energy at Wu, and Wu ran up to him.

"You can't kill him if he's unconscious." Wu raised his staff, then knocked Lloyd out. Lloyd staggered, then dropped to the floor.

"Imbecile." Wu turned to find a familiar face on the ice beneath him. 

"This is my realm. I can do anything I want in it." Zane cackled. Wu began to hear a crackling noise, and found Lloyd freezing again.

"No!" Wu shouted. He ran over to his nephew, who had now returned to his light green eyes. He started clutching his heart, doubling over in pain at the ice which had begun to spread. Ice sparked over his body, and moved in faster and faster.

"No." Wu said again. Wu held Lloyd's body, shaking him in hopes of slowing down the ice. Lloyd's arms now remained frozen, and the rest of him turned blue.

A large number of soldiers flew in the air, and Wu watched as P.I.X.A.L. and Nya ran over to him. P.I.X.A.L. stared at Lloyd.

"What happened?" P.I.X.A.L. asked.

"We have to do something!" Wu said. Nya responded by bending the ice, which moved away from his heart, but did not regress on his arms. Nya pushed harder, but his condition stayed the same.

"Whoever's doing this is too powerful for me." Nya said, crunching her teeth. "I can only slow it down, but if we don't find the bender soon, he'll die from the ice."

Wu, hugging his nephew, viewed the battlefield and decided to go with a different plan of action. The ninja had almost finished defeating the army; using spinjitzu to counter the soldiers. As a result, this had led to a quick defeat for the army. Kai kicked the last soldier in the air, the other three ran over to Lloyd. Only Akita and Kataru fought now. 

"I want you all to go to the palace, and let P.I.X.A.L. lead." Wu said. The ninja nodded and turned to go, when they saw five more soldiers appearing.

"Don't worry Sensei Wu, we got this." Kai said, summoning fire.

"Hang on Kai, these soldiers are different." Wu said. Jay charged at the leader, who brandished his axe and sent him flying.

"Ouch. That really hurt." Jay said, stuck in a pile of snow. He got out and faced the soldiers.

Wu took the lead and began fighting them. One of the soldiers ran out to meet Wu, and Wu started using spinjitzu on him. Grey appeared in the soldiers hand, and the soldier caught Wu's foot. Wu bounced back, nearing closer to the group.

"These soldiers are especially designed against us. While the previous soldiers could stop your elemental attacks, these stop spinjitzu." Wu said.

"So what do we do?" Cole asked.

"We still need to find Zane and stop the ice emperor." Wu lied. "Kai and P.I.X.A.L., go and find Zane. I'll meet up with you later. Nya, continue removing the ice from Lloyd, and Jay and Cole, you're with me."

"Right." The group said in unison. Wu turned to face the party of five, while Kai and P.I.X.A.L. rushed to the castle.