Chapter 01: The Missing Demon Sword

Start from the beginning

"Well yes, that's what I just said isn't it? Now run along now, off to class with you" the grim reaper chimed, making a shooing gesture, with his oversized white glove like hand. Crona could hardly conceal his happiness, as he headed back to class. "Man, and here I thought that you were gonna kick him out, no questions asked" Spirit replied with a slight shrug. "Oh, come now Spirit, I'm not That heartless, and besides, it took a lot of guts for him to stand up to Medusa like he did, I think after all that witch put him through, the kid could use a break, not only that, but it seems some of our top students have taken quite a liking to him" the grim reaper responded casually.

Crona entered the classroom and saw Maka happily waving to him, to which he went over to the spot she gestured next to her, and sat down. "Hey, you alright Crona?" Maka asked, to which Crona smiled warmly and nodded. "So" Maka began, leaning in smiling "what did Lord Death want to talk to you about?" she inquired. Crona blinked confused at first, before glancing away. "He wanted to talk to me about the damage I caused because of my mother" the pink haired swordsman mournfully answered. Maka touched his shoulder consolingly "b, but it wasn't your fault Crona, she was just using you" Maka protested. "It's alright, Lord Death decided to forgive me, and is going to let me stay here as a student at the academy" he explained meekly.

Maka's eyes widened in shock "are you serious?!" she blurted out, before Crona shyly nodded in response. "That's great Crona, congratulations, how about you come over to me and Soul's house tonight, and we can all celebrate okay?" she told him cheerfully. "R, really?" Crona asked shyly "well of course, you're our friend aren't you?" she asked him lightly, before Crona smiled innocently and nodded. Soul was sitting in some of the higher benches with Black Star and Tsubaki, leaning back casually, though was secretly watching Crona and Maka intently. He didn't want to admit it, but he was actually starting to feel just a little bit jealous of Crona, since Maka was spending more time lately with Crona, than she did with him.

Black Star didn't seem to notice as usual, but Tsubaki definitely noticed the way Soul was looking over at Maka, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Soul, if you're soo worried about Crona stealing Maka from you, maybe you should say something about it" she told him warmly. Soul felt his cheeks burn and jolted slightly, quickly looking over at Tsubaki. "Are you crazy Tsubaki?" he asked "well it's pretty obvious that you have feelings for Maka" Tsubaki explained nicely.

Soul grimaced and looked away trying to play it off smoothly "you don't know what you're talkin about Tsubaki, me, have feelings for Maka?! Tch that's just crazy talk, besides, who'd want a moody flat chested brat like her?" he remarked. Maka heard him and glared angrily over at him, a hurt look on her face. "You can really be such a jerk sometimes Soul, you know that?" she snapped upset, before forcing herself to look away from him, to hide the hurt expression on her face. She really liked Soul, and often wished that he could just see it already, and stop being soo mean to her. Crona placed a hand hesitantly on her shoulder, and leaned in looking worriedly at Maka. "Don't let him get to you Maka, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that" Crona tried to tell her, in a consoling manner. Maka looked at Crona, a saddened look on her face, and looked up slightly, just in time to see Tsubaki lightly smack Soul upside the head.

Crona looked about and saw Liz checking her manicure, and Patty swaying in her seat , being her usual bubbly self, but he soon noticed Kidd wasn't here. Not seeing the reaper there, made Crona feel a little sad for some reason, though he wasn't entirely sure why, but soon the doors to the classroom opened, and Kid walked in. "Hey Kid, you're late" Black Star mocked, but Kid ignored him, and went to take a seat in his usual place. Within moments, the doors opened and the stitched up wheelie chair was dragged into the classroom, till it was where the demented scientist wanted it. Stein then calmly turned it around, before sitting on it in his usual odd manner. The lesson began and Crona made sure to take notes, since he knew now, that he truly belonged here at the DWMA.