Chapter Twelve|| Nikobe

Comincia dall'inizio

I sighed, knowing I should have never let her go through that. I let my jealousy get the best of me when she brought up finding another mate. Truth is, I wanted nothing more than to be with Rose, but I never wanted it to happen like this. The lycan bite is no gift, it is a curse from hell.

I have myself to testify to that.

"It's okay, you're here now," I mumbled, holding the back of her head to my chest as she fisted my shirt into her hands crying.

I looked to Alara and Scarlett who looked like they also regretted doing this.

"On the bright side, it looks like you found a trusting Lycan to merge with. She instantly gave you back control, which many Lycans don't. I think this is good for you, she'll help you through your shift better if she cares for you as it seems she already does." Alara noted.

Rose sniffled, giving Alara a small nod. "No, I'm fine. I wanted to do this...It's fine." she added, wiping her eyes and holding her head up.

"That's my girl," Scarlett said and I smiled.

Indeed she is.

I didn't really know what to think of the situation. Was I happy? Maybe. At least we can try and be together now. Was I scared? No, I was terrified. I've never been the one to fear much, but now knowing I have a mate to help, to teach, and to look after made me scared shitless.

"You look dead," Rose stated, giving me an amused look as she tried to lighten the mood.

I chuckled. "Well, speaking I've been up for countless hours pacing and regretting every second you laid on that table, I'd say so." I joked and her expression went from amused to more serious.

"Thank you," my brows furrowed.

"For what?"

"I don't know...believing in this—us...you didn't give up on me."

"I'll always believe in you Rose," I looked at Scarlett and Alara. "Can you give us the room?" They nodded, retreating from here without a word.

After the door closed behind them, I turned back to Rose. "I didn't want this for you because it's a long, painful process and I didn't want you to experience that torture. I also didn't want you hating me once this was all said and done. You're my mate Rose, of course, I want to be with you but at the time all I could think about was you getting hurt and I didn't want that."

"What did you say about petty wolves?" she asked, cracking a smile and I rolled my eyes.

"It was the heat of the moment. I'd rather get you to hate me and reject me so you'd leave before you got hurt, but seems like you didn't wanna give up that easily."

"Not even the slightest." I chuckled, moving to sit next to her.

"Does this mean you're finally accepting the bond?" she asked and I cocked my head to the side.

"Was me not changing you into a lycan and being knocked out for a day, not a big enough gesture?" I teased.

"I guess so," she smiled, she looked happy.

"Why didn't you give up?" I asked curiously.

"Because we're mates! The Goddess paired us for a reason. Why? I don't know...but it didn't happen by mistake. You would have never brought me that gift at the ball if you didn't care at all about me, Mathias. I didn't want to let you leave and miss out on something so amazing by letting fear get in the way. I have way too much experience doing that and it sucks. I watch my parents and they're just so happy and I want that. I always wanted to have a mate and have him look at me like I was his whole world, call me selfish but I wanted that. I wanted to make him happy and strive to be my best for him. I-I wanted to love. I still do...all of it...with you." she mumbled, looking away sheepishly.

I don't know why I did it, but before I realized it, the words left my mouth. "I'll give you it all, Rosemarie. Everything you'd dream of." her eyes were quick to meet mine and she grinned at me.

"You mean that?"

"I do...It's going to be a long process and there are times where you will feel like there is no way out, but I won't leave your side. You just have to trust me. I know this whole thing started off on the wrong foot and I was opposed to it, but there is no going back now. It's done. You're a half lycan now and you're my mate. You just need to prepare yourself for it. Because it's not a pretty sight. I mean that."

She gulped nervously, nodding.

This was going to be a long ride and it wasn't going to be an easy one. There are reasons I was so hellbent on not having her stay as my mate. I knew Alara had the power to make this bond happen, but in the back of my mind, I didn't want my past to become available to someone else such as my mate. I didn't want that getting out, and I wasn't ready for Rose to start digging around...I know she will.

I mentally groaned just thinking about it. I know I wanted her as a mate, I know I didn't want her with anyone else, but I also know that my past may just scare her away and honestly...it was better for me to get the rejection over before this all happened then when I have fallen completely in love with that woman and she decides that rejection is her way out.
_________________________
Vote
Comment
Share

Ohhh predictions?