Bence smiled when Lyv's eyes met his, but it didn't reach his eyes. "It is," he assured, holding out his hand for hers. She immediately took it and he squeezed it tight. "We've just been talking about all that's happened over these last few months since the last time you all were here."

"Then why do you look upset?"

His eyes glanced down at her metal- and leather-covered forearm. "You have to ask?"

Lyv heaved a sigh, her eyes going over to Jai. He was staring at Bence. Of course, they would be talking about her. There was only so much that could be said through message and not face to face. She hoped she wasn't the whole topic of conversation, though, and hoped they'd tell her what else had them so distraught.

"I'm not the only thing you've been talking about, though, huh?" she continued. "What's going on?"

"We're just talking about everything that's happened and will happen," Jai stated. "Though slightly different context as to what you've been talking with Camilla, Soren, and Merek about. How did that go, by the way?"

Lyv looked between the two males once more before answering. "We were figuring out the evacuation groups and reconfiguring the route west. Thia, Allel, and I will go out on the dragons again right before the first group leaves. Serena should be coming here to let us know when the ships have arrived on the coast within the next day or two also. The ships we came on are going nonstop from the east and the rest of the army from Dalcaine are picking up speed since they're now going around the southern tip of the continent. The first evacuation group should reach the shoreline just a day or so after the ships arrive and the others should once the rest of the ones from Ayveri do."

"Sounds like you have everything sorted out," her father told her with a smile.

"We have...since someone who just happens to have the title and rank in a certain army is sitting here chatting with someone else who had just as much pull."

Finally, she got a laugh from Jai, though it came out more like a snort. She let go of Bence's hand just so she could slap her mate on the back of the head. He cried out in protest before wrapping his arm around her waist to pull her against him and pinched her side. Lyv squeaked and tried slapping his hand away, making him laugh again.

"You'll have the same title and rank as soon as we make something else official," Jai said as he smiled up at her.

"Which is also something we were talking about before..."

Bence winked at her, the corner of his mouth twisting up into a knowing smile. "And what your mate and I were just talking about now as well..."

Lyv's retort stuck in her throat, face flaming. Both her father and Jai laughed.

"I don't like that you two are getting along." She glared half-heartedly at Bence. "I want you mad at him again and threatening him with his life. I might do it enough myself, but someone else needs to besides only me, Thia, and Gideon. And Allel's too nice to do anything about smacking him down in a very subtle yet effective way. Can't you?"

Bence's smile grew. "Trust me, my darling, I still intimidate him. He just tries to play it off."

"That is definitely true," Jai nodded.

"And here I thought you being on good terms with Bridget and Alberich was going to be strange." Lyv pulled herself from Jai's hold, turned and leaned back against the table to look at them both. "Really, though, is everything all right? Because that look on your faces whenever I came in says otherwise."

Her father was the one to answer, his smile twisting into a grimace for a split second before it disappeared. "There's just a lot going on, sweetheart. Nothing to worry about. You said you'd been with Camilla, Soren, and Merek?"