ALA: 14

Karma is a bitch.
-Lil' Wayne

"I'm sorry I can't answer the phone right now, but please leave your voicemail at the beep."

I hung up the phone knowing that it was senseless to leave a voicemail on Gold's line as tears ran down from the crevices of my eyes.

I couldn't believe that after all the shit I've been through, we finally went to a therapist and he made the final decision. I just don't want to do this shit no more, Im grown and I've matured. I'm no longer hanging around in my twenty's and can make the same decisions, I've got to do the right thing once and for all. Even though he rejected me outside of therapy, this was and is my husband and maybe Clara is right. I need to step up, I need to tell him what my problems are in this relationship and I was going to do it today.

My phone started to ring as I sat at the bar that I had been sitting in for the last two hours and I smiled because it was Tea.

Things might've not been going my way, but Tea brightened up my day. We had even developed a better relationship over the course of months.

"Hello?"

"Hey mama, what's wrong you sound like you've been crying. Is it daddy?"

I laughed. "No baby I'm fine, what's up?"

"Oh well. I was wondering if tonight we can go out to eat----

I smiled. "Sure baby, me and you can go out to eat."

She sighted, "Well I actually wanted daddy to come to if that's fine?"

My smile dropped. What was Tea trying to do. I know this is what I just said I wanted but I wanted to do it when it was just me and him, not when Tea was around.

"I guess that's fine."

"Okay, well I'm going to ride with who I'm introducing and were going to Chinese Buffet restaurant in thirty minutes," she rambled all too quick but I still got what she said as I put my hand on the top of my forehead.

"In thirty minutes Tea? Are you serious, I oughta not go, but I'll see you up there."

"Alright, see you later momma," and before I could respond she hung up.

"Well I love you too then."

I put my phone back in my purse and looked down at my outfit that I had wore earlier to the therapy session which was a black sundress that stopped above my knees with a pair of black and white six inch pumps with my hair slicked back in a high ponytail. The only thing I needed to refresh was my lipstick which was a Cyber MAC, in other words a matte black.

"Excuse me can I get my receipt please?"

The woman behind the counter smiled and handed me my receipt. I gladly took it and pulled out a fifty dollar bill slipping it in her hand.

"Thank you, ma'am. Have a good day!"

I smiled as I stood. "You too."

I walked to my Camaro and got in, I decided to hook my phone up to the aux cord exactly at the same time as I was getting an incoming call from Gold.

I answered, "Wassup Chicka?"

I didn't even want to talk about what happened earlier anymore, but I knew I needed too because I needed some advice on the situation.

"I was calling you back from earlier. What's wrong?"

I sighted, driving out of the parking lot of the bar and on my way.

"So you know I agreed to go to the therapist right?"

"Yeah, I know."

"Well, it ended opposite of how I thought it would. She told us that we should coparent and shit like that. I tried to talk to him about it, but he rejected me. What should I do?"

She sighted then. "Shanie, your not telling me something."

"....She asked me what did I want from him and I didn't have a answer."

"You want me to be completely honest with you, Shanie?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Your being a bitch. One of those bitches that doesn't let the shit go, because honestly it's not anything, Shanie. This is your husband were talking about not no boyfriend that you went with in high school and can boohoo cry about then get over. This is real. He never cheated on you either. Devin is a good man and I'm just tired of you being so damn selfish that you only think about your problems instead of anybody else's. Every time I try to talk to you it's always about you and Devin's problems when Devin is a good man, your just held up on one thing that me and you both know. Just be a woman about your shit and quit holding it in like you've been doing since Tea has been out of the womb."

I couldn't believe she had just said all that too me as the tears slid down from my eyes. This had been my friend as long as I could remember I even took her as my sister and she would say something like that to me is dead wrong. She knows if she has something she wants to talk about with me, she can. I will listen, but she never calls me for anything about her relationship or something like that. So I was over and done with emotions.

"You know that is not true, I will listen to whatever you talk about, Gold!"

I said as I pulled into my driveway and parked on the outside of my garage.

"Okay, well did you know I'm one month and a half pregnant, or that I've been to two appointments without my bestfriend?"

Before I could even say anything she ended the call and I wiped my tears with my hand as I hit my steering wheel twice. Why? She was definitely right I didn't know she was pregnant, but I swear I wasn't trying to be.

My phone rung again and this time it was Tea letting me know I was indeed late and needed to run up to the house and get my jacket, fast.

I unlocked the house door with my key and turned on the light on the outside of my house and on the side of the door for the inside as I walked in to the sight of my dining room.

I turned around and locked the door as
I felt the cool breeze hit me, and I turned off the alarm that was beeping uncontrollably.

I walked up the stairs and went to the bathroom that stood by my bedroom and didn't have to the light on because it was already on. I rolled my eyes because I knew it had to be Tea that forgot to cut the light off.

I looked in the mirror next and looked down for a second to get a wipe before looking back up and screaming at the sight I seen. She had long black hair with small brown eyes, small button nose, and thick lips with a small mole above them with a small frame.

"What the fuck are you doing in my bathroom, in my house?"

I asked turning around.

"I came for this bitch!" She said kicking me in my stomach landing me on the spot on the ground as I grabbed her leg to get up and beat her ass, but the strong hit from the black Timberlands to my stomach made me feel like I was about to puke. She tried to push my hand off her leg by jingling her foot, but stopped caring once she seen I wasn't letting it go. She pulled something out of her pocket that was black and was long in length; a gun.

"Now what man are you fucking bitch!"
She yelled aiming the gun at my stomach and shooting it three times.

Four or Five more Chapters to go!