ALA: 13

"It's just not enough for me."

*SHANIE*

"....And that's what I told her," I told Clara and bit my lip afterwards.

She sighted. "Shanie, you shouldn't have done that."

I rolled my eyes.
"I know bu----

She shook her head and I closed my eyes running my temple as I opened them back up a few seconds later from the sound of her voice again.

"No buts, and you told her that you fucked him right in front of your daughter?"

I bit my lip and I could've sworn I drew blood.

I didn't respond.

"What do you think about this Devin?"

Devin looked up at me and then turned his head at who he so desperately wanted me to meet, a therapist. I didn't have a problem, he's the one who had one because he continuously lies, and hurt me when we've been married for ten plus years. I just find it kind of hard to believe that a therapist is what he wanted.

"I just think the shit is old and it's time for her to let it go," he said turning and looking at me briefly and I squinted my eyes at him.

"Old? You think it's old Devin! I should bash you in your face for even coming at me like that. I tried to let it go, I did and I even came to your stupid meeting with your baby mama to talk about it, but I can't let it go!"

"And that's your problem Shanie you can't let it go. It's too old for you too be still holding onto. The baby is dead, and more so Devin has tried to get you back. Tell me this what will it take?"

I shook my head, left and right not realizing that tears had fallen out of my eyes.

"I don't know, Clara, I don't know."

"Well until then I think it's best for you two to stay apart and even though your child is the age she is coparent. Because I'm here to help you figure out the problems and resolve them but I can't do it for you."

She dismissed up from the session and before I could even speak with Devin he walked out.

I ran out behind him as best as I could until I caught up with him, grabbing his arm.

"Devin, we can talk more----

He gave me a look of disgust, pity that I had never seen in our whole marriage.

"We did enough of that shit. I'm tired of running after your ass, we ain young like we use to be Shanie and we married. I messed up before we were even together and you taking it like I did it while we was fucking around. My own daughter even turned against me because of this shit, I can't do it no more. I love you Shanie, but I think Clara is right until we figure out the problem."

Shanie stood there with her life in her hands.

What do you think Shanie wants?