•⊱•••• 5 ••••⊰•

Start from the beginning

Yunho wasn't always the strong, confident, social butterfly of a man he is today. Someone that is able to look after not just himself but the people he cares about. Yunho used to be shy and timid around literally everyone who wasn't family or his next door neighbours.

Meaning that Yunho had trouble making friends. Fortunately, he didn't really need to make friends because he had the perfect best friend in the shape of a boy called San.

San was Yunho's happiness and sunshine, and Yunho rightfully nicknamed him Sanshine because he shone bright like the sun, that and he was always wearing the same cute yellow shirt with a picture of the sun on it.

Yunho knew from a very young age that he wanted to spend his whole life with San just like his dads Wooyoung and Yeosang, his cousin Hongjoong and his husband Seonghwa, and his Uncle Mingi and Aunt Mina. They all had someone that made them happy and Yunho knew that for him his happy person was San.

But due to circumstances Yunho hadn't seen Choi San, his San, his beautiful Sanshine in over 9 years and it broke his heart.

He was on the other side of the world and Yunho sadly had no way of finding or contacting him. He'd even considered traveling to the country itself but he had no idea where he'd even begin. San had left no clues other than that he was in Korea.

When San had left him all those years ago he thought that it would only be temporary, a year at most and then his boyfriend would be back in his arms.

Yunho didn't expect to never see San again though, to never have him contact like he promised, to write, to call, anything, even a friggin carrier pigeon would have satisfied Yunho. But no, sadly he had heard nothing.

He knew back then, that San's family were going through a great deal of struggle and stress because of a decision San's father made, and that San leaving was for his own safety. But a part of Yunho always wondered whether it was because San didn't love him anymore, maybe that's why he never called, maybe that's why he never came back.

Yunho had pestered San's father every day after San had left for a phone number to contact San on, but he had divulged nothing leaving Yunho in the dark. Eventually San's father moved away and with him all of Yunho's hopes of finding San.

San and all traces of his life had simply disapeard, it was like he never even existed. Like he was just a figment of Yunho's imagination.

Yunho moved on, but he never lost hope that San would return to him one day, and serve as proof that it wasn't all a dream.

It's one of the reasons that still to this day he kept his hair blue.

Not only was San's favourite colour blue, but Yunho also dyed it blue so San could always find him in a crowd. Yunho used to be small and average, but blue hair made him stand out from the crowd meaning that San could spot him from a mile away.

Yunho hoped that one day it would be the reason that San found him again.

"Yunho"

"YunHo?"

"Yunho! . .for christ sake are you thinking about him again?!" Dahyun sighed, resisting the urge to go drown herself out of frustration in the pond in front if them.

"n-no. . m-maybe?"

Dahyun pulled a knowing face.

Yunho pouted ". .Ok yes I can't help it!" He huffed. Yunho in all honesty was always thinking of San, particularly around Valentines, which used to be his and San's favourite holiday because it meant even more kisses and chocolate coated strawberries, the best combination.