1.5

august 07, 1985
will was upset. why? because mike was avoiding him. will knew that. it had been two weeks since will had told mike that he was gay, and will was starting to regret it. mike had kissed will's cheek that day, then—surprisingly—apologised to eleven three days later, then three days after that, started to avoid will.

mike never answered will on the supercom, and always made up an excuse as to why they couldn't hang out when will tried to make plans.

but will was over it. he was going to mike's house, whether he liked it or not. no way was will just going to put up with his best friend ignoring him.

will grabbed his bike from off the ground and began riding the very familiar route to mike's house. will got there in no time, and soon enough, was harshly knocking on the door.

within a few seconds, the door opened, revealing nancy wheeler. "will? hi," she greeted.

"hi," will said. "is mike home?"

"yeah, he's up in his ro—" will cut her off.

"thanks!" will rushed past her into the house and up the stairs towards mike's bedroom. he knocked on the door. he would've much rather just stormed right in there, but he figured mike wouldn't appreciate it if he was naked or something.

"a-huh, come in." mike's voice was muffled by the door. will opened the door and burst into the room. mike was laying on top of his bed, wearing shorts, socks and no shirt, holding a journal of some sort with his good hand, a pen in his broken one. mike jumped. "will?" mike hastily shut the journal and threw it onto the ground. "what are you doing here?"

"why are you ignoring me?" will asked.

"i'm not," mike replied.

"why are you ignoring me?" will repeated.

"i'm not." mike was obviously growing frustrated.

"you are!" will exclaimed. "we haven't talked to each other for, like, two weeks! i've tried, but you never answered me!"

"i've been busy," mike said. "i told you what i was doing on those days."

"you're a shit liar, wheeler," will spat.

"nice to know, but i haven't been lying." mike was standing up now. why? will didn't know for sure. mike was probably just trying to make it clear that he was bigger and taller and more dominant in this situation. wow, what a real power move.

"sorry, my bad. you've been busy writing in that stupid diary." will crossed his arms.

"it's not a diary and it's not stupid." mike's face was quickly growing red.

"mhm, sure." will took a step away from mike. "why are you turning into such an asshole?"

mike furrowed his eyebrows. "i'm n—"

"is it because you're growing up? is it because you're trying to be cool? or are you genuinely just an asshole for no reason at all?"

"none of the above!" mike exclaimed.

"why. are. you. ignoring me?" will went back to why he had actually gone to mike's house.

"because i don't want you to get feelings for me, okay?" mike blurted out. "because i'm straight so i won't reciprocate and i don't want to hurt you."

will felt his heart break in two. "wow." will shook his head. he couldn't believe mike right now. 'i don't want to hurt you!' mike was so... stupid! wow, mike, thanks for this amazing act of kindness, but you've been hurting me all summer long, so i'm afraid you're a bit late for that.

"i'm really sorry, will," mike said.

"well, you're fucking stupid if you think that gay guys catch feelings for every single boy they see! and i definitely don't catch feelings for assholes like you."

"sorry—i didn't know!"

"if that was your logic, then you'd have to say the same about straight guys! you'd have to say that straight guys catch feelings for every girl they see! i don't see why you think that the idea of crushes for gay guys are different than crushes for straight guys. it's the exact same, mike. we like who we like, instead we like boys instead of girls. it's really not that hard to understand." will was really starting to get angry.

"i'm sorry!" mike apologised again. "i just thought it would be different because being gay isn't normal—"

will slapped mike. will didn't know what came over him, but he did it. he slapped mike right across his left cheek, a loud smack! sounding from the contact.

mike stood in stunned silence, a red mark beginning to appear where will had slapped him.

"that is what you get when you tell your gay best friend that you're not homophobic, but then proceed to say that being gay is 'not normal' right to his face." will pushed mike's bare shoulders, making the taller boy stumble back a few steps.

"will," mike said as will turned around to leave.

will looked over at mike, an icy glare in his eyes. "go fuck yourself," will spat, looking away from mike and leaving his room, rushing downstairs and out of the house, tears beginning to drip from his eyes.

as will biked away from the house, he heard a familiar female voice shout, "mike! what the hell did you do?!"

just when will thought mike was starting to stop being an asshole, he pulls that shit.

will couldn't believe him.

author's note
yooooo
i really captured s3 mike in this one huh 😍
see you all in the next chapter !!
also, happy christmas eve! have a great christmas :,)

not proofread don't come 4 me hoes

4:10pm — 24 december 2019