My Hockey-Masked Savior

Jason's POV

The girl I targeted almost got away. She was the only one left, then I could go back to my shed and see Momma.

I stalked her from the bottom of the dark waters. She had for some reason jumped into the water, expecting that she could get away from me like that. I walked along the black sand and rocks as her feet came into sight. She was splashing far too much, it's as if she wanted to be killed.

I rushed to her feet and tightly gripped them, pulling her under. She struggled too much, trying to fight me. Though as much as I loved building up the lust of a good kill, I was ready to kill her quick.

All of a sudden I heard a few light creaks on the dock right by me. There's another teenager?! Mommas gonna be mad that I'll be back late.

I hardly tugged on her, trying to pull her under. She wasn't splashing anymore, making me realize the person must've been trying to save her and pull her up. I had to make this quick, for Momma.

I gave the strongest tug I could. I heard the breaking of her ankles as my tight grip snapped her bones. I fully pulled her under the water, pushing her head down as deep as I was. Her screams were barely audible through the loud rain and the water as it filtered it out. To my delighted surprise she had had lost consciousness quickly.

I took a tight grip on her hair as I dragged her out of the water, from the side of the dock. I grabbed my machete that I had dropped earlier and took it firmly in my hand, wanting to end this last kill quickly.

I began to walk on the dock, leaving a creak behind each step. The girl kneeling at the end of the dock turned around with a terrified expression on her face, as tears seeped from her eyes. I looked into her eyes, those intriguing, tear filled e/c eyes.

I got bored of the girl I had already killed, I decapitated her, throwing her remains to the side as I continued to approach the interesting girl.

I watched as she backed away from me with each step closer I took. Once her foot reached the end of the dock I realized I had her right where I wanted her. I was either going to stab her or drown her if she fell in! It's perfect! Maybe I could even get home in time for Momma!

I raised my machete, hoping to end this quick. Before it could hit her she had fallen backwards into the dark waters behind her. I watched as she faded away, deeper and deeper into those dreaded waters.

I was going to jump in and ensure the kill until a sudden thought struck me-

I remembered the sunny day at the lake back when I was a boy. The sun blared in my eyes as it reflected off the shimmering clear water of Camp Crystal Lake. All the mean campers laughed at me, called me names, and pushed me in the water, knowing I couldn't swim. All I wished was for someone to be there for me, for someone to save me. But no one ever came-

That girl, she had a heart. She tried to save that girl, though it was impossible to. If she was there when I was drowning I knew she would've helped me, as I looked into those e/c eyes I just knew.

I looked down into the darkness below me, if she could swim I'm surprised she hadn't swam up by now. What was taking her so long? Was she ok?

I let all my thoughts, maybe even my heart take control of my actions from then on. I got into the water, not to drown her, but to help her.

I walked into the deep waters quickly, with a pain in my heart hoping to find her still alive. I began to run as I saw her unconscious in the water. As I got to her she was still a little warm and breathing, though the water must've been making her cold. I yanked her upwards until I realized I couldn't move her, I looked down to see her foot lodged into a few rocks.