Chapter 49- 'Like father, like son'

Reagan POV

“What part of ‘don’t contact me’ are you having trouble understanding?”

If I could slap Josh through the phone, I would do that right now. He was one of those people who knew exactly how to push my buttons.

And, with the current state I was in, that wasn’t hard to accomplish.

“Andrew has Louis.”

The breathing on the other end of the phone ceased, and I heard Josh begin to swear, then catch himself.

“How do you know?”

Wiping my tear-stained face, I looked around the destroyed house. Every time I looked at it, it didn’t give me any reassurance that Louis was safe or still alive. But, I had to try.

“I came over to talk to Louis this morning, and when I got here, it’s not hard to tell that there was some kind of scuffle. Since Louis isn’t here, it’s obvious that he wasn’t on the winning side. Plus, Andrew left a note.”

“He always was so notorious about his notes. I hate that about him.”

I didn’t say anything as I tried to step over all of the broken glass that was in my path to the doorway. With every step, another tear fell. Louis had to be okay.

“What were you going to talk to Louis about at 6 in the morning?”

“Josh…”

“On second thought, I don’t want to know.”

“It’s not what you th-.”

“I don’t care. I can’t care. Where are you right now?”

He obviously did care, or he wouldn’t have asked, but now wasn’t the time or place to get into our drama. I’m positive it would come up later.

“I’m at Zayn’s old place.” 

“I don’t know where that is”, he said, “Just text me the address, and I’ll pick you up. I just have to make a stop first.”

“I drove here, so you can just pick me up from my place. Where are you making a stop?”

“Don’t worry about it. Be ready in 20.”

He hung up without so much as a goodbye. Rolling my eyes, I managed to make it out of Zayn’s place and slammed the door. Once I steadied myself, I got in my car and sped home.

I wasn’t sure what Josh was going to do, but I knew he was the right person to call. There was just so much uncertainty of how this was going to play out. Josh wanted the next meeting with his father to be one where I wasn’t present. I knew he was trying to his hardest to keep me out of the line of fire, but he had to realize that that didn’t usually work well with me. The events of 5 years ago replayed in my mind, and my head hurt at the thought.

Here we go.

-----

“You have to tell him. You do realize that, don’t you?”

“I don’t see why.”

Trinity put her hands over her stomach, winced in pain (to where she thought I didn’t see it, but I did), and closed her eyes for a second.

This had been happening for a couple of weeks now, and I wasn’t sure what was going on. I knew that her pregnancy was a bad one, but I didn’t know that she was in pain like this. This wasn’t restoring my faith in her going along with the pregnancy in the least bit.