Chapter 45- 'As long as you say yes'

Reagan POV

“She is responsive. But, we must take her to the hospital to run some tests.”

Wherever I was, there was a bright light shining in my eyes. A light that I couldn’t make go away. And, there were fingers pulling at my eyelids. Didn’t people understand personal space?

“On my count, lift her. 1, 2, 3.”

At 3, I felt myself being hoisted into the air, and this made me spring into action. My hands shot up to my neck, and I felt a neck brace enclosed around me. As soon as my hands began flailing, I was told not to move. Who are these people talking to me?

“Mrs. Tomlinson, are you aware of where you are right now?”

“No, but I’m sure all of you people shouldn’t be touching me.”

One of the people in white laughed, and that didn’t bring me any comfort.

“You’re in the hospital, Reagan.”

“Hospital?” I repeated, “Why?”

“You were in a car accident. Can you try and move your fingers and toes for me?”

Car accident.

Car.

Accident.

“Car-.”

My kids!

“You have to let me get up!”

No matter how hard I tried to get up, I was forced back down. These people had a death grip on me.

“No, you don’t understand!” I cried, “My kids are in trouble, and I need to help them.”

“We’re sorry about that, Mrs. Tomlinson, but we still have to exa-.”

Listen to me!” I finally sat up, “I am NOT asking! Let me go!”

Once again, I tried to get off of the what I assumed was a gurney and get out of here, but they wouldn’t let me. I thrashed around until bigger guys were asked to come and hold me down.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry, but you can’t leave! We would be sued if you were!”

“I won’t sue you, just let me find my children!”

“What is she even talking about?” one of the paramedics asked.

Ignoring him, I swung my leg over when no one was looking and climbed off of the bed. If they were going to make me stay, they were going to have to physically make me.

One of the paramedics noticed me, however, and reached over to force me back. My feet made contact with the ground before he could, and I collapsed immediately.

“Someone get her up now; she’s already losing too much blood!”

This time, I had no choice but to listen to them as 2 pairs of hands helped me stand back up. As soon as they let go, however, I took off running towards the nearest door.

Once again, I didn’t make it very far.

“Ma’am, you have to stop running! Like we said, you’ve lost too much blood!”

“Then, inject something into me really quickly because we need to go. I really can’t stay here.”

Who knows what had had happened to the twins by now? I didn’t even wanna picture it.

“Mrs. Tomlinson, we will look into whatever you’re talking about concerning your children, but under no circumstances can we allow you to leave. That’s so illegal.”