The Beginning of a Battle: The Kuroryuu and The Thunder Beast

Start from the beginning

The name he gave her stuck and no one else really bothered to question what her name was since she already had one she was known by. Yona agrees excitedly and tells Hak, that should they come across her that they would ask her to join them in their quest. Hak refuses and says that it would be smarter and safer to assess how the female is as a person and if she would be a help rather than a hindrance to getting to their goal. Yona sighs sadly but agrees with her bodyguard, know that he only wants what's best for her. Mun-Deok bids them farewell and reenters Fuuga to get back his duties as Elder of the Wind Tribe.

Yona turns to Hak slightly confused, "Why does the oracle live all the way out here?" Hak turns to the female and answers his princess' question. "Long ago, the priest lived in a temple at the royal palace, and was deeply involved in the kingdom's rule. After Yu-hong began oppressing the priest, he left the castle. Now he lives quietly, somewhere far from people." Yona leans her elbows on her knees, she curls her fingers and places her chin on her palms.

" "Far from people," ... This certainly doesn't seem like somewhere a person could live." The violet eyed female looks around at the beautiful but barren scenery, wondering just how little she truly knows about how to survive. She looks to her side and down at the edge of a cliff not to far away from her, wondering for a moment how deep it goes. "If you tried living here, you might fall off a cliff. But I'm sure one could do it if they really tried." Hak taunts nonchalantly as he surveys the area, keeping a keen eye out.

The crimson haired female stands from her seat and carefully walks over to the edge of the cliff, her mind racing with all kinds of thoughts. 'Even though I called myself the princess of the kingdom, I only know Hiryuu Castle. It sounds foolish to say I don't know.' The female forlornly looks at the deep darkness that hides the bottom of the cliff from human sight. Her eyes relax slightly as her brows furrow in thought 'What path should I follow now? Right now, just trying to live takes everything I have.'

Hak turns his head slightly, eyes closed as he speaks back to the person he swore to defend with everything he had. "By the way, Princess," Hak looks forward and opens his eyes as he continues to speak to his princess "If we must search every corner of this area, we'll have to sleep outside. Is that alright?" The redhead looks at the black haired male that stayed by her side through everything. "Sleep outside?" She questions naively, "I've gotten somewhat used to it." Hak hunches over and swings his Hsu-Quandao back and forth in front of him, doing it to either motions to their surroundings, something akin to embarrassment for what he is insinuating, or something that only he knows the reason for.

"Unlike the mountains behind the castle, it gets cold here." Hak continues to swing his weapon back and forth in front of him as he waits for his princess' response. "Then I'll snuggle against you while I sleep." The large weapon comically flies from Hak's grip as he quickly registers her words. The weapon makes a whoosh sound as it leaves its owner's hand. "Jeez ..." Hak mumbles beneath his breath as he crouches down to grab his weapon from where it landed.

A dark look over takes his face for a fraction of a moment as he moves his hand from his weapon to the stone ground beneath him, sensing something off. "I don't mind ... but I'll play pranks on you." Hak swiftly picks up his weapon and turns to face his princess, their faces not too far apart from each other. Yona's eyes grow wide at the sudden lack of distance between them, and she blinks. "Pranks?" She innocently questions. Hak's eyes gain a soft shadow over them as he speaks, "Pranks are things like this."

Hak swiftly takes Yona's head in his hands, the action knocking off her hood. In the fraction of a second in which Hak's hand touched Yona's face, the male seemed to reconsider something and instead chooses to pin the redhead to the wall behind her with his body. His hands on either side of her slender figure, her hands on his biceps as she struggles confusedly. "Hak, what are you doing?" The female yelps out before a single word from her bodyguard silences her, "Quiet." Hak's face finds its place in the princess' neck as his ear gently pressed upon the rock wall behind the two of them.