Chapter 8: Christmas

The previous Quidditch Match was Hufflepuff VS Slytherin and Slytherin had won. Tyler didn’t become seeker, but another boy, Chris McLaggen did. He was a friend of Tyler, so he didn’t mind. Rose and Albus had kept quarrelling all the time, and were constantly ignoring each other.

“Hey Tyler, Quinn, when we go off for Christmas, would you like to visit me at the Burrow?” Albus asked the two, and they nodded.

“Think so. Should be fun!” Tyler said, and Albus said: “I do have to ask it first, you know."

Rose came walking into the common room, and when she saw Albus, she turned around again.

“Are you still fighting with Rose?” asked a soft voice, which Albus knew belonged to Victoire.

“She’s being pathetic! Hey Victoire, are you just as excited for the holidays as I am?” he asked, and Victoire nodded.

“Albus, Rose doesn’t have any friends. You have to be nice to her.”

“Victoire, I know but I have my own! I have Tyler and Quinn!” Victoire sighed.

“See you tomorrow in the train Al.”

***

As Albus sat in the train with Tyler and Quinn, Rose came in.

“Can I join you? Everywhere else is full.” She said, and Albus rolled his eyes.

“Whatever” he muttered, and Rose sat down.

“Excited Al? I am, I can’t wait to see mum, and dad, and grandma, and –”

“Don’t go and name everyone in the family!” Albus said, and Rose went silent. “I’m mostly excited to see dad. I have to tell him something.” He said, and he looked at Tyler and Quinn, who knew what it was.

“What is it?” Rose asked, and Albus said: “Oh, Nothing.” Rose sighed.

“Anything from the trolley?” asked the lady with the trolley, and Albus asked some of everything. He paid and laid it down on the table.

“Want some?” he offered Quinn and Tyler, before taking out his bottle of Taste-Changing water.

“Can I have some?” Rose asked, and Albus said: “Rose, we’ve been ignoring each other almost all term, and you want to talk to me now?”

Rose started to cry.

“Oh please! Have some then!” he yelled, and he looked out of the window.

***

On the platform Albus hugged Quinn and Tyler tightly before running to his parents, who were waiting for him on the platform, together with the other Weasleys.

“Don’t forget to write me, and I’ll tell you when you get to come, okay?” they nodded, and went to their own parents.

“Dad!” Albus yelled, before meeting his father in a hug.

“Hi there Albus, are you alright? How was your first term, tell me all about it.”

Rose, whose eyes were still a little red had hugged her parents, who were looking worried at her eyes.

“Albus, why don’t  you go to grandma for a moment, okay?” Albus ran towards his grandmother, who hugged him.

“Do you have a jumper for Winky and Micky?” he asked, and his grandma nodded.

“It didn’t take that long, seeing that they are elves. How was your first term?” Albus told Grandma Weasley about the classes, and how he loved Potions and Charms when his mother came running to him.