Part 1

Jimin's POV

"Why...did you do it?"

I tried my best not to let my expression gave away what I was feeling inside.

I felt like crying.

Like seriously.

I felt like bawling my eyes out.

I loved him. I still do.

But it was not enough.

I once believed that as long as we have each other, it would be enough.

But it clearly wasn't the case at all.

I lost him.

I lost my love.

I lost my pillar.

I clenched my hands tighter under the table as I looked into his eyes.

I saw a glint of guilt in those eyes.

The eyes that I adored for the longest time I have remembered, the eyes that sparkled when it greeted me every morning when I woke up, the eyes that filled with love whenever we met.

Those eyes were still as beautiful as ever, but they were not the same.

Not anymore.

"Am I not enough?"

I uttered with difficulty, trying my best to be strong in front of the person I love the most.

"I'm sorry Jimin. I'm sorry. But I can't stay in this relationship anymore," he brushed his hair to the back with his fingers, and after years of living with him, in which I could easily tell, that he was starting to get frustrated with the situation.

Just like that, huh?

After all these years we had spent together, it finally came to an end. An end that I had never expected would come.

I closed my eyes, swallowing through my dry throat and I took a deep breath.

If this was what he wanted, I couldn't force him to stay.

It would only hurt us even more.

I opened my eyes and cleared my throat softly before I voiced out my decision.

"Okay then. If that's what you wanted, I respect that. Our relationship ends here. We will settle all the documentations regarding this matter after I had packed all of my things out from the house."

"You can stay there, Jimin. I'll move out" he quickly suggested.

I smiled bitterly looking at the untouched coffee in front of me.

"No," I said.

"I don't think I can stay there anymore," I muttered out with broken voice, but clear enough for him to hear.

How can he expect me to stay there when every single memory of us being happy together was in that house?

I couldn't bear the pain that would cost me whenever I remembered our moments together.

"Do you hate me?" he asked.

I glanced his face for a second before diverting my gaze to the scenery outside.

"How can I possibly hate you? But I can't force you to stay. It's not right for you. For me. And for the baby as well. Don't you think so?" I said bitterly.

"I'm sorry for not treating you better, Jimin"

"Stop saying that you're sorry anymore. We both know that somewhere in the middle, both of us drifted away and as the result, we grew apart. So, it's not your fault alone. I was to blame as well for not being able to keep our relationship strong,"

I breathed out, and rested my back on the chair, caressing the baby bump that was starting to show on my tummy.

We stayed silent for a while, letting the scenery around us to take over to fill up the distance between us.

The fact that he didn't say anything about how I blame myself for our broken relationship, broke me a lot.

But what's done is done. 

I am willing to accept, but it would take more than a day to not  be in love with the love of your life anymore.

Even high school crushes took weeks to move on from.

"Well...I'll get going now," he said, making me looked up to see his face when he slowly stood up from the chair.

Is this it? The end?

"Jungkook," I felt my throat dried up as his name rolled out of my tongue.

He stopped his movement and looked at my direction.

"T-The baby, do you want to see the baby once he or she is born?" I asked, hoping that he would never neglect the baby since he was still the rightful father.

He seemed shocked hearing my question.

"Uhm, yes. Yes, I would love to. I thought that you wouldn't want me to meet the child," he replied and this time I was the one who was shocked hearing that.

"I would never stop you from seeing the baby if you wanted to once he or she is born. You're the father and I hope that you don't mind if I tell the child about that,"

"Yes, I wouldn't mind that. If in any case you need my help for the baby, please call me at once. I'll be glad to lend my hand to you,"

I could say that I already knew his answer because this is Jungkook we were talking about but to actually hear his positive response, I finally able let out a smile sincerely for today.

Knowing that the baby would get the love from his father was enough for me.

"Thank you," I said, and he smiled back to me with the same sincere smile before he made his way.

After I was sure that he was out of the café, I slumped further into the chair and closed my eyes.

I let out all the tears I was holding and cried my eyes out while hugging my baby bump the whole time.

It was really over now.

Jungkook...wouldn't be by my side anymore.

He said that he would be there for the baby, but not for me.

Will I be okay though?

Once the baby was born, Jungkook will come again in my life.

How should I deal with the pain in my heart if he came closer to look at the baby in my arms?

What can I do?

How can I reduce the pain that would grip my heart if I saw his face again?

If I heard his voice?

If I smelled his cologne?

Can I really be strong enough not to break down in front of him?

Can I someday throw my feelings for Jungkook away and find someone else?

All of these thoughts had been running through my head these past few weeks knowing that things between us would end.

But I made promises to myself.

I promised myself that I would cry all I want only for today.

I promised myself that as long as I had the baby with me, I will be strong.

For the baby.

I promised that my number one priority would always be the baby in any situation, and I wouldn't let my feelings get ahead of me.

I would live for the baby because after all for now, the baby was the definite proof that I, once in my life, had loved and been loved by someone dear to me.