"But what is the reason?" my dad asked with a broken voice.

"As I can see her vocal chords are just parched but fine. Maybe it is psychological, it happens at times due to the trauma effect" the doctor said to them.

"Emma baby do you remember what happened?" my mom asked slowly.

I again tried to talk but nothing came and I just sat there crying.

"Princess no problem daddy will take you to another doctor you will be fine" dad said holding me to him.

After seeing that I didn't like the hospital daddy took me back home.

One day daddy came to me and sat in sofa taking me in his arms and placing me on his lap he said "Princess daddy will ask you some questions, so just nod yes or no okay?". I nodded.

"Princess do you remember how you are in hospital?" he asked and I became silent.

"But daddy needs to know what happened princess, so please say something" he asked me.

"So, do you remember what happened?" he asked again and I shook my head no.

"What do you remember last?" he asked to which I showed him mom who was in kitchen and then mom's car outside.

"So you remember being with mommy in your car right?" he asked to make sure. I nodded again.

Present..

After that day dad tried so many ways and took me to different countries for getting treated. But there was no use of it at the end I couldn't remember anything which happened or didn't get my voice back.

Starting I was depressed and hated everything I even acted like a brat for few years but my parents supported me in every phase I went through.

They hired a private tutor for few years till middle school but later I attended normal high school like others.

At starting it was tough but I got through it because of my bestfriend Kathy inshort for Katherine. She is whole package of both emotions and weirdness. If not for her my self-esteem would have been in negative.

Today I became Vice-president of Campbell & Co. because of my parents and Kathy inspite of me being mute.

"Emma so what about today's meeting, is everything ready?" dad asked.

"Ofcourse it will she did take after you in work and became a workaholic like you" my mom sad with disappointment in her voice.

My dad gave out a loud laugh while I smiled to her comment.

I stood and gestured them I am late and got to go and left from there.

I reached my office and was greeted by smiling faces and greeting by the team in my floor.

At first people used to have problem due to my muteness but later they accustomed to it the way I handle and manage my work. Now they love me and adore me not only foe being a Campbell but for me.

"Hello Ms. Campbell" Ben my PA greeted me to which I waved him a hi along with my glare. I gestured him that "How many times should I say it's just Emma when we are alone"

"Okay sorry" he said to which I smiled.

Ben has been working with me since I started working in Campbell & CO. from my career starting. He is the son of my dad's PA who is like a family to us.

Ben was the only friend I had before I joined high school. His dad used to bring him every weekend to the estate for us to play. When I joined school he became jealous of mine and Kathy's friendship but later we became the Trio group.

Ben learnt sign language along with me when we are kids. At that time he was just trying to be my friend and learnt it along with me and my parents. Later he decided to follow his dad in supporting us so he was specially trained by his dad in work. He is the one who translates every questions and orders during meetings.

After the meeting I and Ben decided to have lunch in a café near the office.

When I was going to our table I got a message while checking it I bumped into someone. When I looked up I was met with mesmerizing honey brown eyes it took me a second to regain myself.

"Can't you see where you are going? Are you blind?" he shouted while cleaning his shirt where his coffee spilled.

I was gesturing him that I was sorry but he didn't see me and was going on about how he will be late to a meeting. He looked familiar but I can't pinpoint exactly where I saw him.

Seeing the commotion Ben came towards me and stood by my side.

"Sorry Mister" Ben said on behalf of me to the man who was facing the other side to take more napkins from the adjacent table.

"Sorry? It doesn't bring my time back I should go and change again because of this ignorant lady who can't see where she is going" he said still facing the other side.

"Excuse me ignorant and her? How dare you call her that? As I have seen before it was your mistake aswell you were also seeing somewhere and walking while on your phone you bastard" Ben said in a louder voice.

"What did you just say?" the man said in a threatening voice turning towards us.

"Huh..you are...Mr. King.." Ben stammered seeing the person before us.

"So I see you know me and Miss why is this man defending you? Can't you be apologetic instead of letting a man deal your problems" he said the next sentence pointing at me.

I looked at Ben to let him explain to this man why I couldn't apologise but before that "This is why I hate women they are always weak and expect men to handle these things for them." he murmured and left from there.

Who does he think he is! He is the first person who was so quick in getting on my nerves. And that idiot Ben why did he act so afraid of that man when he saw him?

I went and sat in our table while Ben followed me. Seeing that I was pissed Ben didn't say anything to me and we had our lunch silently.

After we went to my office and I was cooled down from the incident I decided to ask Ben who that man was. So I gestured him "Who is the person in the café?"

"He is Asher King the CEO of King Corp." he said.

So that is why he looked familiar when I saw him. Now I remember seeing him on business magazine covers from time to time.

I decided to let go of this topic and continue my work. There are so many important things other than thinking about that arrogant man.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*