Red stars were the middle rank stationed on the sixth floor with minimal benefits, like getting paid slightly more than the previous rank and five years being shaved off of our debt. This rank dealt with Givas who were ready to die.

The seventh floor was filled with the highest rank, Black stars. Black stars had the majority of benefits by getting paid the most along with fifteen years shaved off their debt. This rank constantly dealt with sudden deaths and giving reports directly to the boss when they did a ride-along or caught someone that was on the radar for years. Ace said that when she gave reports, it was in a dark office with only one light that pointed at her. They also had access to the eighth floor, known as the arsenal. The arsenal was filled with many tricks on making their missions easier, it ranged from possession to controlling things like the weather. They're also allowed to bring one red star with them into the arsenal and on any mission with them, these were known as ride-alongs. Ride-alongs were one of the ways for a red star to get promoted and for a black star to sit back, do nothing, and wait until they're needed.

"Alright, judgement is complete! Escort these two to door C please, thank you. Have a nice day," Treasea quickly said, slapping two yellow sheets of paper onto the desk and never looking up from the computer.

Dylan grabbed the papers and quickly checked over them before passing them to the men. They stood and quietly took the papers as we pushed them out into the hallway. Before continuing, I asked Owen, the secretary, where door C was exactly so I wouldn't get lost again. He continued talking on the phone as he pointed to the left and turned his hand as if he was pointing to his back.

I nodded a thank you to him as Zeke held the paper in the air and waved it around, "What the hell does any of this mean?"

"If you knew how to read, you would know. Keep walking," I spat, pushing him into the direction he pointed to.

"Doll, I admire you. I really do but you test my patience," Zeke chuckles out.

I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Why can't you shut up like your friend here, huh? You always have something to say. I'm surprised you even made it anywhere in life."

"I only made it because I did everything for myself. Constantly doing favor after favor until everyone owed me something. I-"

"Wow you really never stop talking. I don't care about your life story! You're a horrible person and I'm happy for whatever punishment you get."

"How am I horrible?"

"You're kidding right? You killed everything that breathed, from kids to teenagers to parents. Just completely disgusting."

He shrugged, "They all deserved it. Either it was to punish them or to punish someone close to them. Not my fault either way."

I scoffed, "A complete monster."

"I can see it in you Doll, you're just like me. You're in denial now but when the time comes, you'll do what benefits you and only you."

"I'm nothing like you and never will be. Now shut up so we can get you through that door. I killed you once and I won't hesitate to do it again so stay shut," I walked up to the metal black door with a giant green 'C' written and knocked on it.

The door slowly creaked open and a lengthy person wearing all gray stepped out from behind the door and towered over me. Their skin was as white as paper, under their black piercing eyes the skin was a dark purple, their lips looked as if they'd been dehydrated for years.

This person was one of the three Keepers. The Keepers made sure that people were entering the correct doors after being sorted, anyone who tried to enter the wrong door I assumed would be punished. No one really knew what happened behind these doors except for them. One day, I had asked Treasea what each door led to and she told me that the doors rotated between heaven, hell, and purgatory so the computers were constantly updated with the correct locations.

"Papers," their deep voice said slowly, prolonging each syllable.

I gulped roughly and reached behind me for Zeke's and Bobby's papers, never breaking eye contact. Once I felt the papers touch my palm, I snatched them away and hesitantly passed it to them.

Their long white fingers slowly gripped onto the pages and pulled them away from me. Lifting the monocle that hung from their shirt up to their eye, I could hear Zeke becoming more and more restless with how slow they did everything and Dylan trying to calm him.

"Worst than a fucking sloth. Let me through," Zeke pushed me into the wall and tried to get through the door.

The Keeper quickly dropped everything in their hands and grabbed Zeke by his collar, lifting him in the air. Bobby tried to tackle the Keeper but they didn't budge, he slowly looked up to see them staring right back down at him. He took a couple cautious steps back until he bumped into Dylan.

The Keeper placed their focus back on Zeke and watched as he struggled against their tight grip, "Name."

He looked around to everyone with a desperate look before answering, "Uh, uh, Z-zeke Bianchi."

They threw him into the dark room, causing Zeke to slide across the floor. It was almost difficult to see him as quickly stood on his feet and hesitantly looked around. The Keeper then turned to Bobby and without a word he began stepping forward toward the room. They stalked behind him until they were all in the room and slammed the door closed behind them.

Dylan and I stood there, dumbfounded and confused. He slowly turned to me with a blank stare, "What now?"

"I guess we leave," I blinked a couple times before turning around and walking down the hall.

The sound of Dylan's shoes hitting the ground quickly approached my side, "Have you ever seen anything like that before?"

"No, not at all."

"What do you think will happen to them?"

"No idea. We'll probably never see them again because I've never seen anyone who passed these doors ever again."

The sound of his shoes suddenly stopped, "S-seriously?"

I stopped walking and sighed, "Yes."

His steps began again, faster this time, as he passed by me he grabbed my wrist and began pulling me toward the elevators, "Welp, time to get outta here then! Don't wanna piss off those Keepers!"

・┈・┈・┈・┈・┈・┈・┈・┈・

I added a cast for this book!

That's how I imagine them to look for the most part, I just change a couple things about their looks sometimes, but you guys don't have to imagine that cast at all.

Let me know who you guys imagine instead?

Let me know your thoughts ~

Till next time ✌🏼💕