Chapter 3.1

Once we reached the parking lot of the office, Ace hopped out of the driver's seat, slammed the door, and threw Zeke to the ground. I quickly ran and slammed Bobby onto the side of the car as he attempted to tackle Ace.

Zeke laughed as she slowly squished his head into the concrete with the bottom of her black boot, "Listen here motherfucker, you're not in Jagat anymore. You have zero control over anything now so you better watch your damn mouth before I send you to hell myself."

"I can tell you have no power here either so does it really matter what I have said to you?" She pushed her leg down further and he raised his tied hands in defeat, "Hey, hey, no need for that when I'm just stating the facts. That's all I ever do. I don't want to be around you more than you want to throw me in a pit of fire so why don't you get off of me, pick me up, and get me outta here. We'll never have to see each other again."

She slightly raised her foot, "Apologize to her now! I will gladly risk disappearing knowing that you finally got your ass handed to you."

He flipped over onto his back, pushing her foot out of the way in the process, "Fine, fine, if that's what you want. What's her name again? It slipped my mind when you threw me out of the car."

She pressed on his throat with her boot, "You know her name, bastard. You wouldn't stop talking to her the whole car ride."

"O-okay," he choked out, her foot releasing some pressure. "I'm sorry V. Just know the offer still stands," he winked and blew a kiss my way, causing me to gag.

Ace lifted her leg off of him, swung her leg back, and then swiftly forward across his face, "Again. Don't be a pig this time."

He coughed and spit blood out of his mouth, "I'm sorry! I really am truly sorry V! I won't comment about you any longer."

"Better," she grinned, lifting him off the ground with ease.

The walk to the office and the elevator ride to the sorting facility was surprisingly quiet. The two didn't make any more of a fuse when they realized that security was waiting to help us.

As soon as we reached the fourth floor, where the sorting facility was, Ace let me know that she was going to head up to the boss' office to give a report about everything and reassured me that she'll be back in time for lunch at the café, leaving Dylan and I to wait until these two were judged.

We sat Bobby and Zeke in front of Treasea's desk, standing beside them so they couldn't leave, and waited patiently for her to sort through their files. My eyes began to wander around the green room. Similar to my floor, everything was one color with splashes of black. The clothes, the floor, almost everything was green. Not a single color outside of green or black could be found anywhere besides Dylan and I. His blue security uniform stood out the most and caused worried eyes to watch our every move.

Every color symbolized what floor that person worked on. Blue uniforms were mainly for limboers that worked on the main floor for the security team and kitchen staff. Other limboers within the building were secretaries and janitors who had their uniform color match the floor they were assigned to.

The second and third floor were for the white stars, those who just began to pay off their debts. Reapers usually spent five years working on this floor to learn how everything was handled and to give enough time for the boss to assess where they should be promoted to. There were three possible ranks to be moved to, each with their own benefits.

Green stars were the lowest rank with zero benefits and split into two teams. The fourth floor was filled with quick yet thorough decision makers who couldn't handle the emotional and physical drain of missions to sort through the souls and send them to either heaven or hell. The fifth floor was filled with those who put minimal effort into missions to create files and distribute them to the higher ranks.