☁ dreambug

It was never really my intention to get pulled into this mess.

I wasn't the one who spoke first.
They were.

.

The leaves below my feet crunched & crackled, making all sorts of sounds I'd find fascinating if it weren't for the reason I was out here in first place.

Unlike most days, the wind was oddly calm on this day. The entire world seemed stiff, as if everything had died along with him.

The sky was grey, matching the smooth stone graved into the ground in front of me.

I shook my head, trying to make myself feel the least bit alive.

Crouching down, I layed the white roses over the stone that had his information over it.

Dave B.

June 1st, 1999 - September 11th, 2020

Dave lived a life of mental challenges,
but always found a world in the world
of games & English. Always, he remained
calm & collected. He had many fans from
his successful career, ones that will miss
him dearly along with his friends. On the
night of a friend's party, a tragic shooting
took place at the residence, several dead
& injured. Some injured ended up passing,
like Dave. He will forever be remembered by
his family as they mourn for him.

Bullshit.
It's not fair how he had to go, all because we decided to go out to some stupid party while in the city.

I shut my eyes as tight as I could, my hands clenching into fists.
Nobody really knew how good of friends we became. All I ever told Zak & Darryl was that we were like 'therapy buddies', but in reality we had became close to best friends. It's the only reason he had agreed to go to the party.

From that, I learned I could not be trusted. I didn't deserve friends.
It's like I'm a disease - It'd always end in them getting hurt, because of me.

The cold air finally hit me once I stood up. I hadn't noticed before, feeling so numb.
It caused me to fall back down in surprise, justing saving myself from hitting my head with my hands.

Sighing, I rested my head on the stone, bringing my hands & knees to my chest, looking up at the sky.
Clouds made odd shapes & formations, ones I could cloud spy if it was a better day. A better life, maybe.

For a moment I sat there, suddenly feeling a warm sensation around my neck.
I tried to jump up, but was completely paralyzed.

In my ears I could hear such a faint whisper, almost completely mute. Hot breath sent shivers down my spine, the breathing heavy & unsteady.
My mind became static-like, the fuzz filling my vision, like it was transporting me to another dimension.

"Dream.. Dream!"

Dream?
Am I insane?

I tried to push myself up again, but was completely trapped. Whatever this thing was is completely real, not something from the darkest depths of my own imagination.

"Dream!" it reapeted, it's breath speeding up out of excitement, it's touch jittering around my neck.
It inhaled, calming down.
"I.. I come here with an offer. Although, you cannot talk at the moment.. you may think I am trapping you, but please, forget what is going on right now & hear me out. I.. knew Techno. I do know him. He didn't die from the shooting - he isn't even dead!"

I gasped as the pressure on my neck tightened, enough to close my airways. Quickly, the weight was lifted off, & my vision become more clear. Still, it was blurred from the choking & static.
I couldn't make out what was in front of me, it was more of a black spot in my tired eyes. Either way, I couldn't care what it is. Techno is alive.

"I-" it shocked me as I realize I had my ability to speak back, quickly regaining my senses. "He's alive? He didn't die from the shooting? But, he died in the hospital..! What do you mean?"

They giggled, attempting to hold it back.
"You know, this sounds crazy. But Techno died in another dimension. Crazy, right?! He died in a game! One where he took the bullet for his little friend A6d! You know him, don't you?"

They snaked their way behind me, dark hands on my shoulders.
I cluld feel weight on my head, as if they were resting their chin on it.

"Tell me, Dream. Don't you just wish he were here? As if, it isn't fair he was taken away? It's not your fault, my dear Dream.."
Their hands ran up my neck, to my cheeks, their thumbs covering my eyes.
"It's A6d's."

Another dimension?
A6d causing Dave to die?

"What do you mean- you're crazy. There are no such things as other dimen-"

"Don't be like that, my Dream. I will show you, if you wish. For the cost of something small.."

They lifted their hands & body away from me, returning back in front of me.
Now, I could clearly see their figure. A tall figure, unidentifiably male or female. The only thing other that was seemed like black goop from them was a grey-purple like, closed eyelid.

They reached their hand to me. I want to grab it, but they turned away.
"Only on.. one condition. It's simple, of course."

"What is that? I'll do anything, absolutely anything!"

I was begging at this point, showing weakness to whoever this was, but I couldn't care less.
I want to see Dave.

"Well, I have a deed I need fufilled.. Again, so simple."
It turned to me, eyelid opening to reveal a shining, purple orb, staring right at me.
"I have a hitlist, & the first person on here, you know. Not personally, but.. you reongize the name Mega, right?"

For a moment I was in shock - Mega, on a hitlist? How?

I sighed, staring right into the eye that seemed to be filled with galaxies, meaningless, endless voids.
Again, they extended their arm out.

Tentatively, I reached my hand to connect with theirs.

.

"Deal."