Chapter 6

Nanami couldn't understand anything that was happening anymore. She was hugging Aiesha as tightly as she could, afraid that if she let go something bad was going to happen. She buried her face deep into her side and tried her best not to cry.

"Thanks a lot! Now she thinks we're crazy people!" Aiesha shouted to him

He seemed to ignore her

"So...Where do you live?"Blade asked the girl who was wrapped in a blanket.

The girl was pale, except for a few bruises along her arm and red puffiness around her eyes. Blade guessed it was from all the crying earlier.

"You don't have to be afraid. I'll drop you off whenever you need to go," He said trying to seem kinder than he really was.

Blade caught a glimpse of Aiesha glaring at him. He guessed she was just jealous as usual.

"I know you've been through a lot, but I want to make sure you get to a safe place. Are you homeless? I can let you stay at my place for a bit."

"HELL NO!" Aiesha shouted nearly jumping towards them. Nanami fell over a little exposing her tear-stained face. "There ain't no way in hell you're just gonna invite prostitutes over our house".

Blade frowned at her.

"Hey, we have a child in the car chill".

Aiesha glanced at the girl as if she had forgotten she existed and straightened up a bit.

"What I mean to say is, we have no room sorry".

"Oh nonsense, you can just sleep in my room. I'll sleep downstairs.

"And where am I supposed to sleep?," Aiesha asked crossing her arms.

"Well there is always your room, ya'know"

"Then where will Nanami sleep?"

Blade pondered a moment.

"Well, she can sleep with you. Unless she wants to sleep with me"

The girl looked between them before finally speaking.

"I have a friend I can stay with for now. I use to live with them before I got kidnapped..''she trailed off.

"They live in east point."

Aiesha tensed a bit

"Well give me the address and we'll drop you off". Blade said with a smile.

It was strange when he smiled he almost seemed nice. Nanami wondered how this girl had gotten him to smile so easily. Since the day she met him he hadn't smiled at all. Maybe if he smiled more she could trust him. She looked over at Aiesha who had an expression she couldn't really read. Was she upset or sad? The gave Blade the directions and Blade entered them into the GPS that was displayed on the dashboard of the car. They made their way to the girl's friend's house and stopped at a small ranch style house.

"Is this the house?" Blade asked turning to her.

The girl nodded and began to exit.

"Thank you so much. May I have your name?"

Blade raised his eyebrow a bit. "You can just call me Blade."

The girl smiled at him, a first for her.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Blade"

"Eh, Just Blade is fine."

The girl nodded and headed inside the house. They waited until someone opened the door. Nanami watched at someone grabbed her and hugged her. They were both crying now. Once everything seemed fine they pulled off. The rest of the ride was silent as usual. Nanami couldn't remember falling asleep but when she woke up, she realized she was in a room. The room was surprisingly nice. There were pink curtains hung up with little sparkly butterflies. And across from her bed sat a large tv on top of a white dresser. Nanami got up, she was very hungry now and she wished she had taken her uncle's girlfriend's offer to eat something. To make matters even worse, now she had to pee and very badly. She was too scared to leave the bed, but she knew peeing on the bed was no option. She remembered how upset her mommy would be whenever she would wet the bed. It wasn't very often her mother would hit her, but for that, she would get hit. Nanami drew up as much courage as she could and got out of the bed. When she opened the door she saw a long hallway and a room across hers. There were also two doors on either side of the walls leading up to the room. Nanami didn't know which door would lead to a bathroom and so she decided to try the one that was straight ahead. She approached the door carefully slightly afraid of what she might find. She slowly opened the door in hopes it was a bathroom and unfortunately for her, it wasn't. Nanami saw her uncle kissing Aiesha's neck. They were sitting up slightly and didn't seem to notice her. He slowly put his hand under her shirt.