Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~~~~~~~TRIGGER WARNING: Please note that this chapter contains details of human trafficking and content around sexual assault. Reader discretion is advised, and if at any time you feel uncomfortable please discontinue reading this chapter~~~~~~~

Blade looked over at Aiesha who was sleeping. His niece Nanami was sleeping next to her, with her head lying on Aiesha's side. It was a nice sight and he wished he could look at them like that for the rest of the day. Why couldn't she be this quiet all the time he thought to himself. He focused on Nanami and felt a strange feeling. She looked so much like her mother it was almost frightening. She had long dark hair that stopped in the middle of her back. It was in the same braid her mother used to wear with little white flowers in between. She had small lips that were a rose color. He remembered how she never wore lipstick, but everyone always complimented her like she did. What exactly did he even get himself into, he thought to himself. He quickly looked away from them both and looked toward the front of the car. He wanted to go to sleep so badly, but he knew it wasn't a good idea. He'd simply wait until they got home, but then again he didn't exactly know when he would ever even get home. The car ride seemed to take longer than usual and he didn't like that one bit.

"About how long do we have?" Blade asked the driver calmly.

"We should arrive in approximately thirty minutes, sir".

Blade nodded and sat back in his seat. He didn't know why he felt so anxious all of a sudden. He brushed it off assuming it was simply because of the death of his sister. He pondered for a moment. How had she died again? He had heard so many different things at the funeral and as usual, his good for nothing mother didn't tell him anything. She didn't even let him know about his sister's death he had to find out from a family friend. He remembered the second he heard about her passing, he called his mother and she seemed so calm. It was almost eerie how mellow her voice was. It made him cringe. He remembered he was so angry at her, he didn't want her to have anything of his sister's it just wasn't fair.

|*|

"Mother!"

There was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Are you even listening!?!" Blade nearly yelled.

" Yes, yes, yes. What you want her money? All you ever did was beg for things. You never called her so why now? Why do you care all of a sudden? Oh.... I know what's wrong you feel guilty now." His mother laughed with her voice almost cracking.

He was silent. He hated her laugh he hated her so much.

"At least let me keep her daughter. Please, at least let me have that."

"What kind of spell did that girl have you under? If I give you the girl I'm basically giving you all the money and we can't have that now can we?"

"She can't even get any of the money until she is an adult. Plus if she comes to America with me, i'll see to it that you get all of the inheritance".

It was silent for a long time before his mother finally said anything.

" Fine."

The blade was taken aback. He hadn't expected his mother to give up his niece at all let alone so easily.

"But I will see to it that I get her inheritance. I'll pack Nanami some of her mother's things to remember her by and when I die everything will go to her, but nothing to you."

Even now him having his niece seemed unreal. Something just didn't seem right about the whole ordeal. Something was off about the entire situation, and something was definitely off about his mother.