"Anyway, I know it doesn't rhyme! But you're missing the point! Since the death of the last four." Mila shook her head, "Death of the last three! We don't know if my uncle died!" Although it had been hundreds of years so her father's only brother would most likely be dead.

"It has long been foretold that the new sons of Adam and the Daughters of Eve will finally defeat the White Witch with the help of a guardian. And they will restore peace to Narnia." Mila watched as Peter looked between her and the two beavers. "And you think we're the ones?" Mila nodded, "Hopefully." She whispered. Unlike Mr. Beaver who shouted, "Well you better be! Cause Aslan's already figured out your army!" Mila's eyes widened. As did Lucy's as the two both spoke in sync. "Our army?" Mila glanced between the siblings. "Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war," Susan told her brother. "Well, I think you've made a mistake," Peter said, giving a look of sympathy to the pretty Princess who had been waiting for years. "We're not heroes!" "We're from Finchley!" Susan said the place like everyone would know it. Mila and the Beavers looked confused, not really knowing anything about the land the Pevensies had arrived from. "Thank you for your hospitality, but we should really be getting back." Mila didn't have to look to know Peter and Susan had stood up from their seats beside her. "You can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver said in protest. "He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus." Lucy told her brother causing Mila let out a sigh. "It's out of our hands." Peter sternly told the youngest. He placed a gentle hand on Mila's shoulder. "Look, Mila, we're sorry but there's really nothing we can do." The girl nodded, she understood. Her family couldn't do anything either, they died. She didn't want the same for the young siblings. "I'm sorry, but it's time the four of us went home." He grabbed his coat before turning, "Ed." Mila stood up, wanting to say her farewells to the family. "Ed?" Mila could hear the pleading in his voice. "I'm going to kill him." Mila shook her head. "You may not have to..." Mr. Beaver spoke in a low tone. "Peter? Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?"

It didn't take Mila a second to rush out of the small dam. She hoped Edmund hadn't gotten too far, Narnia wasn't safe anymore, it hadn't been in a long while. "Edmund!" She shouted as she made her way through the snow. She and the dark-haired boy hadn't exchanged conversation but she wanted him to be safe. "Edmund?" She called as she darted through the trees. She ran through the ice and snow like it was nothing. Mr. and Mrs. Beaver remained with the Pevensies a while back, each of them struggling to find a safe route through the thick, white blanket.

Mila's eyesight wasn't good, but due to the loud banging of the icy door that was situated at the front of the White Witch's ice palace, she knew Edmund had made his way inside. "Edmund!" Lucy pleaded as she made her way to stand next to Mila. The Princess, who had forgotten her cloak, stood freezing as she clamped her hand over the little girl's mouth. "Shh. She'll hear you." While Mila held Lucy close, mainly wanting to keep her safe but also stealing a small amount of warmth from her coat, she watched as Peter attempted to run to the palace. "Get off me!" He told the beaver who held him back. "You're running into her trap!" Mr. Beaver spoke the obvious to anyone who knew the White Witch's intentions. "He's right." The three siblings glanced between the three Narnians. "We can't just let him go!" Susan shouted. "He's our brother!" Mr. Beaver looked at the ice palace, "He's the bait!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed, Mila sighed. "I didn't want this to happen." She said, her eyes saying a thousand words. "She wants all of you. And me. To kill us. It's the only way to secure her reign and to stop the prophecy."

Mila knew there was tension between Edmund and the two oldest siblings. He was a cocky tween after all. But she also knew that the older siblings wanted what was best for their family. The pleading in Peter's eyes for his little brother's safety told her that. "This is all your fault!" Susan hissed. "If only you listened to me we wouldn't be in this situation!" Peter turned to her. "My fault!? So you knew this would happen!" Susan shook her head, "I didn't know what would happen! Which is why we should have left when we still could!" Lucy dropped Mila's hand as she shouted at her older siblings. "Stop it! This isn't going to help Edmund!" Mila nodded. "Lu's right. Only Aslan can save him now." Mila said which the two Beaver's agreed to. "He'll know what to do." Peter lay his stunning blue eyes on Mila for a second, water threatened to fall, but she could see him fighting it. "Then take us to him." Mila nodded, "We'll need supplies." She looked towards Mr. Beaver, "Back to the Dam."

Mila remained by Peter and Susan as Lucy walked ahead with Mr. Beaver. "You can cry you know." She told him. Peter instantly wiped the loose tears that had fallen onto his rosy cheeks. "I can tell that you don't like Edmund at the moment, but you'd do anything to save him. Even if it meant risking your own life." Peter turned to the girl. "Of course, I would," he said as he took her hand, dropping it slightly as he realised how cold it was, only to pick it back up, sheltering her delicate skin like a prized possession. "Ed can be a pain but he's still my brother. I'd do anything to protect him and his stupid arse. I promised our mum." Mila smiled. "I wished I could have helped save my family. I couldn't. So I'm going to do everything I can save yours." The two teenagers walked together, small smiles on their faces. Their hands intertwined and for a moment their worries had gone. "Thank you, Mila. For having hope in us. Even if we aren't your saviors." She nodded, a light but sad chuckle escaping her bluish lips, "I have to stay hopeful after all."

The two only let go of one another as the shouts of Mr. Beaver reached their ears. "Hurry! They're after us!" Mila mentally groaned at the sound of the howls from the secret police. "Come on!" She told Peter before the two picked up their pace. The small dam home was just around the corner. They reached it soon enough. "Hurry woman! They're after us!" Mr. Beaver told his wife as soon as he flung open the door to their home. She began to fret. Which only caused the four humans to panic...

Edited 19/04/2023