18. A Contract

Around 11:00 p.m., the guys said they had business to do with the promise of returning, leaving you alone to do "whatever you do without them" as Taehyung put it, as if you didn't have a life before them.

Doing business this late at night sounds weird to you, but you don't think much of it. They know how to handle themselves. Plus, you've had a couple jobs this late before. It shouldn't be anything.

Showering has been on your mind since you woke up, so you venture into the large bathroom, turning the shower handle, almost hitting the hottest setting. Stripping off your clothes, the alcohol and vomit that seeped into your skin from the night before had a stronger stench, causing you to scrunch your nose. How did they even handle me last night? Bleh.

Quickly stepping into the hot stream of water, you hiss as the scalding liquid burns your skin. Slowly, getting used to the temperature, you begin to wash your hair, body, and face, scrubbing away the previous night's events. Sighing contently, you watch the water drip off of your body, listening to the pitter-patter as it hits the surfaces of the shower. After about 10 minutes of this, you rinse off and step out into the steamy room, wrapping a towel around your body. Padding over to the closet, you grab underwear, a pair of old, loose sweatpants from a drawer, and a stained t-shirt from another. You aren't going anywhere, so no need for a bra, right? "I need some sleep..." you say to the empty air, eyes drooping and begging for sleep already.

     Shrill ringing from downstairs fills the house, causing you to pout as you sulk down the staircase and to the office. "One good night of sleep. That's all I ask for." Knowing exactly who's calling, you pick the phone up off the receiver and hold it to your ear. "What do you want?! I know what I want! I want to sleep!"

     "Y/N, chill. I needed to contact you because I'll be gone for business for awhile and won't be able to meet in person." Marshall's familiar voice informs.

      "So? What does that mean for me? I'm hanging up." You threaten, mood ruined by the late night call.

     "Hold on you impatient little shit."

     "I bet you're not that much older than me."

     "Anyways. While I'm gone, I'm going to need you to handle some business for me."

     "Fine then. Call me. Bye."

     "Y/N! Shut up! I'm going radio silent, the only way I'll be able to communicate is through R.J. I don't want it to seem like I don't trust you... but we need a contract. In case you get caught or put in danger."

     "Why do you seem so nervous? Are you-"

"Meet my at 3810 Solee Way, bring protection just in case. Remember 219." With that, he ends the call, phone line playing the same monotone timbre.

"It's almost 12:30 a.m. and now I have to deal with this. He's lucky I remember the address." Trudging upstairs, you make no effort to tidy your hair, nor put on a bra, only going out of the way to grab a gun and clip, slipping on a pair of plush slippers. Stuffing the weapon into your pocket, it slightly pulls the waistband of your sweats down, bouncing lightly as you clamber back downstairs. After adding some water to the coffee machine, you wait five minutes for the caffeine-filled drink to fill a mug, snatching it off the little platform it sat on. Taking random keys off the organized hanging system by the garage door, you unlock a car and start it up, taking a large swig of coffee. "Phew. Definitely having a spa day tomorrow."

Inputting the address into the GPS, the estimated arrival is 2:00 a.m. "Jesus!" Turning the steering wheel, you take off towards the address. "He really couldn't have done this tomorrow?"