III

IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!

So I have been thinking about this book since so many wanted a continuation. But since season 3 came out last year I honestly can't break up the couple goals TvT, but we're going to do that anyways, so r.i.p for all of the couples in the show.

I am also adding a MASSIVE twist in this story, so basically a full background info thingy should be up by the time this chapter is uploaded, go to the table of contents and it should be at the end of the character description.
-----

Current Time; When the Seven Deadly Sins were separated and Meliodas has a fateful encounter with Princess Elizabeth.

After a long journey of pursuing more power, (Y/n) has come back to the Kingdom of Lioness.

The rain is harsh, I'll have to head back to the castle in the morning...Bartra, the trouble the Holy Knights have caused, how will you fix this...?

I hurriedly rush undercover in front of large wooden doors. They suddenly open, piping my curiosity I walk into the building and the doors close behind me.

A church....?

I take off my black cloak and place it on one of the benches.

Footsteps echo from the side, I look over and there stood a young woman wearing a habit dress

"Are you perhaps...a traveller..?" She asks me.

"Yes, I am. If you wouldn't mind, could I stay here for the night..?" I ask her.

"Of course, this church is welcome to all. Right this way, may I ask for your name..?" She says as she turns around motioning me to follow.

"It's (Y/n)." I answer her, I wave my hand and my cloak comes flying back into my hands.

"Oh, did your parents name you after the goddess protecting Lioness? It's a common act of respect to name their children after names of gods." She giggles as she turns another corner.

"Oh, not quite, coincidence. I think...." I trail off.

"Well, no one has actually seen the goddess (Y/n), not even the holy knights she guided 10 years ago, but she does protect this kingdom. This church prays to the goddess protecting Lioness, she's the deity descended from heaven. " She says as her eyes gleam.

I didn't exactly descend from heaven, I got kicked out, but we'll leave that out of the story.

"But, these days after the coup d'etat made by the Holy Knights, all we could ever do is pray to her, that she'll make things right again." She sighs as we trudge into one of the dimly lit hallways of church. The topic piques my interest.

"How are things after the coup d'etat?" I ask her.

"The Holy Knights want to start a war, they're recruiting men from the towns and villagers in and around the kingdom. They're forcing men to the be the soldiers, while the women and children to stockpile provisions, and making the elderly construct castle walls. Anyone who disobeys them are shown no mercy. Soon enough though, their influence will reach this area, I'm sure of it."She stops in her tracks infront of a door with a long face.