Spin-Off 3: Catch & Release

Magsimula sa umpisa

     Jennie ignored the concern seemingly only for the baby rather than her as a whole being and turned up the volume on the TV to get the whole story. "What did you see?"

     "Nothing important." Lisa sat down on the couch. "I wish you wouldn't watch this."

     "I know how you feel about it, Lisa, now cut it out."

     Lisa growled softly but kept her mouth shut. She watched the news story with a deep scowl, the expression disappearing when Jennie touched her thigh. Lisa sighed as her annoyance dissipating and decided to accept the human curiosity with the obscene. She listened to the anchor person on screen comment on the police's press conference. Essentially, there were no suspects and the investigation was at a brick wall, and special profilers were being called in for help. Lisa rolled her eyes at the incompetency of the human police force but did hope that there would be a break in the case soon, if only so the story would stop and Jennie wouldn't have to worry about it any longer.

     "Do you think they'll find him?" Jennie asked, finally changing the channel to something more appropriate.

     Lisa was happier now that the news was off and said, "They're bringing in specialists. Surely they'll find something soon."

     Jennie side eyed her girlfriend. "Do you want to...?"

     Her girlfriend side eyed her back. "I don't meddle in human affairs."

     "You stopped that human trafficking ring."

     "That was different. Anyway, humans need to catch their own monsters. Remember that zodiac fool? Humans are still whining about it."

     Surprised, Jennie made a face. "Are you telling me your kind stopped the zodiac killer?"

     "All I'm saying is we decided as a whole not to interfere with human situations like that. We can't stand conspiracy theories and the like. So I'm not going to try to find this guy. Those profilers will probably find him in no time."

     "Okay, okay. But if you did find something you'd call the tip line, right?"

     Lisa sighed. "Yes. If I can."

     Jennie leaned over and kissed Lisa's cheek lovingly. "You're a good person and that's why I love you."

     Eyes a bright white, Lisa blushed. "I love you too." She settled into the couch and made herself into a pillow for Jennie. Her eyes remained shimmering as she watched TV in silence and enjoyed being at home. It had been a while since she was allowed to just be lazy with her lover, and if she could, she'd do it forever. Her eyes narrowed in contentment and a soft purr begun deep in her belly. Jennie chuckled at feeling the slight rumble, loving how charmingly animalistic Lisa was. But then there was a knock on the door and the purring turned into a growl of annoyance. Lisa gently disengaged herself to answer the door, but she already knew who it was.

     "Taeyeon," she greeted as the door swung open.

     Taeyeon didn't start with a greeting. She swept into the apartment and said, "The council is not happy." She smiled at Jennie to prevent Lisa's wrath then went on, "They've kept the old ones underground for centuries. Having them out does not sit well with them. They want you to fix it. Immediately."

     Lisa rubbed her eyes, the glow now gone. "They asked for me specifically to fix this?"

     "Lisa..." Jennie warned.

     Taeyeon smirked. "Thank you," she told Jennie. Then to Lisa, "Actually they did mention you. They want us both to fix it. So do you have any ideas?"