Pleasant Time

The General calls to tell me to check my fax, but even as I grab the file I tell him Lisa can't do it. She's been sleeping for about fifteen hours now and I don't see her waking up anytime soon. The General accepts this, after I tell him about the Siren and the drunken state Lisa was in, and says he'll get Jisoo on it instead. I grimace at the thought of making Jisoo's work load that much larger, but she did say she wanted to help Lisa will all this, and taking on a Facility job is definitely helping.

After almost a full day, I hear Lisa pad out of her room and into the hall, a giant yawn filling the otherwise quiet apartment. The first thing she does is use the bathroom, which takes about as long as I expected seeing as she's been out for so many hours. Then she comes into the living room to smile sleepily at me, her eyes closed. She aims for the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as she takes out endless snacks to eat. I'm certain she's about to empty this house and I'm going to have to head to the grocery store immediately.

"Sirens always make me so tired," she says, taking out deli meats and cheeses from the fridge. The bread comes next and she pops slices into the toaster. "I don't know why."

I watch, more impressed than disgusted, as she eats her donuts along with one of my yogurts and a pickle that I think was supposed to go in the sandwich she plans to make. "Taeyeon said she'd contact us when they've got a plan."

The now toast springs up from the toaster and Lisa takes them to slather them with mayonnaise. "We'll find her- Jungkook. She's weakened and won't be in hiding for long. She's around here somewhere, sneaking, watching." An obnoxious amount of turkey goes on a slice of bread, along with a few ham slices and bologna. "She obviously wants me to suffer for living, seeing as she showed up at Boonluang's game." Lettuce and cheese is next, then pickles and tomato. "I'll get her next time if she appears unwarranted."

"You said you wouldn't."

"Am I supposed to let her flee?" She asks, mouth half full with sandwich. "We should tell Bambam and his pack, by the way. Now that we have a name and all that, we can tell them to keep an eye out."

I sigh. "That's acting without a plan, Lisa."

She frowns, her cheeks blown with food, and leans on the kitchen counter. "Are we to stay here until told otherwise, then?"

"Well, no, but... Okay. We can inform Bambam."

Lisa smiles, and I roll my eyes. She goes on eating anything she can get her hands on and I text the number Bambam gave me. It's just a short message with Jungkook's name and a brief description from what I remember of her, though he probably saw her, too. I don't expect a response so I shove my phone in my pocket and try to get something to eat before I'm not able to anymore. Lisa hands me one of her donuts, a truly kind act if you ask me, and I nibble on it.

"I'm sorry I'm devouring everything," Lisa says, opening a bag of chips. "I'm just so hungry."

"It's fine," I assure her. "Eat all you want."

She bobs her head and continues on. I let her, wildly curious as to how much food it will take for her to be full. I've never seen her with a full stomach. Can she even get full? Does she know what it's like to be full?

"Can you stay behind?" She asks suddenly, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

"What?"

"When all of it happens, with Jungkook, can you stay behind?" She clarifies. "You will be hurt with magic if you come. I don't want that." It's said so calmly.

I rub my fingers together free of sugary powder and lick my lips clean. "What if I want to fight with you?"

"You're human," she says, jaw tight. She's stopped eating.

Chained - JenlisaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara