•Four|Heat•

If you haven't realized, if you see the banner on top that means it's edited

The fire beneath my skin increases, waking me up in the process. I was now lying on a bed inside of a bedroom. The first thing I noticed was that his scent was faintly in the room.

He was in here.

The blanket that was draped on my body was pushed off of me. I was so hot, humid -scorching even. What's wrong with me?

Only then I noticed that all the blood that covered my ankle and the small gash on my hand was now completely cleaned off and where the silver trap had dig into my skin was now bandaged by white gauze.

The more I thought, the more I realized what was happening to me and the reality hit me like an actual truck.

My first heat.

It was completely natural and compulsory for the female werewolf to experience a painful heat. The only thing that keeps the heat at bay was the touch of her mate. Both mates were supposed to experience the heat. But the male wouldn't experience the heat under one condition.

If he had mated with another. In better explanation, wolves weren't supposed to have sex with someone who wasn't their mate. They were supposed to wait for their mate.

Another thing was the higher rank you or your mate had was the more painful and powerful heat period you would experience.

This is going to be so painful. There were so many things adding on pain to the average pain experience of a heat. Like the fact that I was a hybrid and was an alpha's daughter and also I was mated to a beta.

I tried to stand, I really did, only to fall back onto the bed. The pain was too much. I huffed and tried to get off the bed again when the door burst open. My eyes widened and I whimpered at the same time when his strong scent hit my nose.

I closed my eyes, letting the scent engulfed me. He only got closer and closer while I listened to his footsteps approaching me. "Come here," he cooed and picked me up bridal style. I wrapped my hand around his neck, shivering, and snuggled into his chest. It eased the pain so much but he did help. He helped enough that I didn't want him to ever leave.

I feel him walk, I hear a door opening but I have no idea where we were going. Suddenly, he set me down into a bathtub as freezing cold water began to surround me. I
finally opened my eyes to see him looking at me. His eyes told me that he was worried for me mixed with guilt. My hair was already wet, his hand grazed over the side of my face to move the strands away from my face.

"You're so gorgeous," he mumbled as his lips stretched into a smile. His eyes lit up slightly and I shook my head. "No," I whispered. Sure, maybe I was before when I had nice clothes and there was makeup around, I didn't feel dirty. Now, my hair was a mess that word described my overall appearance.

"I have to tell you something," Spade frowns. I stay silent, waiting for him to go on. "I've mated before," he whispered and my body froze.

Snow didn't like what she was hearing but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I shouldn't have a problem because he told me instead of keeping it a secret or waiting for me to find out on my own. Plus, with a beta looking like that I'm sure he had girls at his feet.

I smile instead. "I don't care," I shrugged, happy that he told me. "Are you sure?" He whispered and I nodded. The smile on his face returned. "Thank Goddess."

I take a deep breath as another wave hit me hard. "That hurts," I groaned to myself, shifting around in the water. "Your eyes are purple," his eyebrows knitted together and I froze.

Purple eyes mean you're a hybrid, only hybrids know this and they are only a few existing. There are only two options for what type of hybrid you are. A witch and werewolf or vampire and werewolf and a vampire and witch. I just happened to be a witch which is why this heat is more painful.

"It's a rogue thing," I lied, as a tear slipped down my cheek. A sigh left his lips as he frowned hopelessly.

"I'm sorry, it would be over soon," Spade assured me.