Chapter 44: ...What?

Start from the beginning

"Not the smartest deal on the Midgardians half. Not knowing the power they possessed, they traded the Mind Stone for weapons. The Midgardians were the same ones that held you captive... HYDRA? Is that what they called themselves? I only got a small look in your mind."

"Yes, HYDRA... wait. So HYDRA had the Tesseract and Mind Stone with them at the same time?" I was gobsmacked. Loki nodded.

"Idiots I would call them. They could have been the most powerful in the universe, but they gave the power to you..." Loki looked at me.

"That's why you are able to manipulate the Mind and Teleport at the same time. The party that I was with was interested in you as well, but getting the Tesseract was their main goal. They ended up losing the Mind Stone also."

"They must be furious with you Loki... how powerful is this... other party?" I asked the god. A look of fear crossed his face, but quickly made it disappear with a smirk.

"Nothing I cant handle." He replied slyly. I thought about when I first met Loki... on the Quinjet after Thor and Dad's fight. I remember getting a good look in Loki's mind. My eyes widened in realization.

"That big purple dude... the one you took you after you fell off the bridge." Loki's eyes widened in shock. "He is the other Party... isn't he?"

Loki looked down at his hands. He gulped as he thought deeply. I remember seeing the scars on him.

"He hurt you too... didn't he..." I stated more then asked. Loki sneered as he stood up.

"You know nothing-!"

"I saw it Loki... I know how it feels too." I spoke calmly, knowing this is a touchy subject. I looked up at the hurt god. He clenched his jaw as he looked out the cell, his back to me.

"He is a bad guy... he thinks what he's trying to do is what needs to be done, but I know it's not right, yet I joined him to become someone I already should be. His daughter is slowly figuring it out too."

"He has daughter? Who the hell would have sex with that purple raisin?" My face displayed disgust. Loki chuckled as turned to face me.

"Adopted, darling..." Loki smirked. "Anyways, I met both of his daughters, they are called Nebula and Gamora. Strong female warriors, trained by Th- purple raisin himself. I found similarities in the siblings as in Thor and I. Gamora is like Thor, praised and loved by their father. Nebula and I... wishing to be seen... wishing for a sibling..." Loki looked down to the floor.

I felt my face soften.

I felt my magic wear off. Loki shook his head slightly.

He turned and glared at me. "You used your magic to make me talk!"

"You woulda done the same thing if you were me." I stood up as I walked over to him. He glared daggers and he scoffed.

"What did you mean about wanting a sibling? Is it because Thor is going to be King?"

"I should be king!" Loki sneered. Loki's skin slowly turned blue. His eyes switched from green to red. "But Odin could never place a Frost Giant on the throne! I'm not Thor, I will never be Thor. I'm a mons-!"

"Stop!" I exclaimed. Loki's hands clenched into fists. He was breathing heavily. I walked up to him and stood face to face. I glared up at him. He glared right back down. "You listened to me. You are no monster. I told you this before. You may be a Frost Giant, but you are no monster. You are Loki... God of Mischief. God of Lies. God! How can u be so bipolar... oh... now that I think about it... that sounds like me too..." I chuckled awkwardly.

"You won't quit will you?" Loki hung his head, almost hitting me, but he's hella tall.

"Nope..." I shook my head with a soft smile. Loki sighed and glanced at me.

I stared at him for a moment, and he stared right back. I watched his eyes wander over my face.

I could tell he wanted to say something, but seemed hesitant.

Ah, fuck it.

"I like you Loki..." I blurted out. Loki froze for a moment. I bit my lip anxiously. Loki lifted his head to meet my eyes. His green eyes filled with shock.

"... what did you say Darling?" Loki's eyes pierced into my brown ones. I gulped down my nervousness and decided to just finish.

"I like you Loki..." Loki's eyes stared deeper. "I don't know how to explain it, but I never felt anything like this before. Cheesy I know, but I've met a lot of guys and none of them interested me. I take one look at you... and I just feel... jeez I'm not good at this... happier? Is that the word? I don't know! Sure you can be annoying sometimes, but I like that about you. Your mischievous and I like that. I know exactly how you feel and you know how I feel. We've been through similar things. Plus you're hot! That's a bonus!" I rambled on.

"Okay, Love... I get it." Loki chuckled at me awkwardness and rambling. He smirked down at me. I looked down. "You seriously have no idea who you are..." Loki stayed as he held my chin between his thumb and finger, lifting my head to look at him.

Did he not feel the same? Well of course he don't!

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"There's more? Well what else could there possible be that I would be surprised about?" I walked away from him. I walked over to his little pile of books. He likes Astronomy... makes sense.

"We're soulmates." Loki said. I quickly spun around to face the god.

"... what?"