No# 11

"Hey, how nice of you to call, instead of actually visiting your sick boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes on the other end of the phone.

"Sorry, Shawn, but I have a lot of studying to do. I know that your parents are out of town, too, so I'm sending Cory over with soup. I'll be there tomorrow," I said.

For some reason, I knew that he was smiling on the other end of the phone, causing me to smile too.

"God, you're the greatest! Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, have a goodnight," I said, hanging up and slumping back on my bed.

Things with Shawn had been great and he had been so happy since his mother came back. Everything seemed to have fallen in place and I felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world. I had my doubts about our relationship before actually got together. I couldn't stop myself from remembering Shawn's reputation and how many girls he's gone through. I somehow thought that he would cheat on me with another girl of his past, but I trusted him and he didn't give me a reason not to. That night I went to bed peacefully, excited to see my boyfriend the next day..

The next day of school was just like every other day, except for one thing. Cory was acting awfully strange. I didn't really want to press the issue but I knew him well enough to know when something was bothering him. After school, I decided to bring it up.

"Cory, what's going on?" I asked as I slammed my locker door shut.

He shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"You're just acting kinda strange. You've avoided Topanga and I pretty much the whole day. Please, if something is bothering you, tell me."

Cory sighed and looked away from me. He placed his hand on my arm and told me to sit on a nearby bench.

"You're gonna want to sit for this one."

I giggled a little bit.

"Cory, there's no way that it could be that bad."

"But, honestly it is..."

I instantly got serious. Was it about his family? Was it Eric? Morgan? His parents? I had never seen Cory so solemn and it honestly terrified me.

"Last night, when I went to bring Shawn the soup..."

He paused, causing me panic.

"Cory! Spit it out!"

He drew in a shaky breath.

"I saw another girl in Shawn's trailer."

I instantly sighed in relief and began to laugh it off.

"Gosh, Cory! That's all? I thought something was seriously wrong! It was probably just a cousin or a neighbor borrowing sugar, they've been known to do that-"

"No," Cory cut me off. "She came out of the back room wearing a robe. I think they.....they..."

My eyes widened at what Cory was insinuating. I could feel the color drain from my skin and the bile rise up in my throat causing me to make a beeline to the bathroom. Tears streamed down my face as I got sick in the stall. I could hear someone come in behind me.

"Y/N," I hear Topanga's voice say as she knocked on the door. "Are you okay?"

I sniffed and cleaned off my face as best as I could.

"Y-yeah, just feeling a bit sick. I hope I didn't catch anything from Shawn," I said, trying to laugh it off.

But I was genuinely distraught. I trusted Shawn, but I also trusted Cory. Cory wouldn't lie to me about something Shawn did, right? And Shawn wouldn't betray me like that, would he? I mean, it was one thing to kiss a girl but to...to...

I cleaned myself off and left school in silence. That night, I didn't visit Shawn with the soup.