CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"Blake or Kyle would message me if something terrible was going on. Don't fret about Kyle, I'm sure the boys just took his phone away from him."

"Why?" She gasps.

"You're not supposed to speak to each other before the wedding," I tease.

"Something isn't right. I don't know what it is."

I grab Char's shoulders and shake her like a ragdoll.

"Stop! Put your dress on and march your behind downstairs. The limo will be here soon and you're not dressed. If anything, we're going to be late and Kyle's going to think you're doing a runner."

"Shit." She gasps.

"Miller, help Charlotte put her dress on."

The pair hurry into the bedroom while I return to my room. I remove my phone from the charger and hit Blake's contact number.

"Hey baby, what's up?" He answers almost immediately.

"How's things on your end?"

"We're good! Kyle is practicing his speech because the limo is caught in traffic. How about you? Is Charlotte in melt down mode yet?"

"What do you think?" I laugh.

"Just make sure you get her to the wedding."

"I'll drag her there if I have to."

"Looks like the limo is here. I love you, see you soon."

"Love you too."

I put my phone in the clutch and march out the room. Why does it feel like I'm going into battle?

* * * * *

Charlotte squeezes my hand as she takes a deep breath. The music plays and I shoot her one last smile before turning to the door. I wander down the rose petal covered aisle with a bright smile.

Kyle nervously fiddles with his sleeves, but when his eyes meet mine, he relaxes. I stand on the step and look back to the other bridesmaids walking in.

The music changes and excitement bubbles in my stomach. Kyle's body tenses and his jaw drops as Charlotte enters the room with her father. Her face goes bright red, but it's adorable.

Char's father passes her to Kyle and whispers something that makes Kyle laugh. The pair stand before the priest glowing with happiness.

I search the crowd and find Blake seated in the second row beside one of Kyle's University friends. His green eyes meet mine and I smile.

Someone coughs and I jump to attention. Kyle pulls a piece of paper from his jacket pocket and I almost bounce with excitement.

He crumples the page and shoves it into his pocket.

"I had this whole speech planned, but wow, I can't think when I'm looking at you."

The crowd 'aws', me included.

"Standing before you, I make this commitment to not only be your husband, but your life partner. To always support you and love you, even in your craziests of moments. I give you this ring as a sign of my commitment to you, our life and our love."

Kyle slides the ring on and Charlotte brushes a tear away.

"I commit to being your crazy wife. To love you despite your annoying habits, to support you through whatever you're going through, and to care for you, even when you've got the man flu. I love you with every fibre in my body. I can't wait to experience all the joys and horror of life with you."

Charlotte struggles to slide the ring over Kyle's shaking hand, but he helps her.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

We cheer so loud my ear drums feel like they could explode!

* * * * *

As the night winds up, slow music seeps through the speaker. Blake squeezes my waist as we sway from side to side. I rest my head on his chest and sigh.

"I wish we could go back to our wedding night," Blake whispers.

"Yes and no." I chuckle. "I love that we can sneak away and go to bed."

"You're right about that."

"Although, jetting to Paris was amazing!"

"I wish we could go back." He grumbles.

"One day!" I smile.

Kyle taps on Blake's shoulder and he frowns.

"Can I have a dance with Ava?"

"Sure." He nods.

Blake kisses my palm and hands me over. Kyle places his hand on my back and clasps my hand.

"Are you enjoying your night?"

"Yes." Kyle grins.

"Did you ever think we'd end up here?" I sigh.

One minute I'm in high school, next I'm married with a second baby on the way. I'm scared but excited about the future. One day I'm going to be old and London is going to be doing all this.

Kyle shrugs his shoulders, then smiles.

"I thought we were going to get married one day, so yes and no."

"Our parents would have been so happy." I laugh.

"Regardless, my mother will always consider you a daughter."

"I'm good with large families." I smile.

"One day, we're going to be the old parents! Now that I'm married, Char's probably going to pester about having a baby. Maybe we'll sync up for the next one, then they can be best friends like us."

"The next one? Who said I was having a third one?"

"You have to so he or she can be best friends with our bub."

"I have to go through this again?"

"Yes, Ava baby!"

"It would be adorable if they were best friends."

"Just imagine, we'll be telling them off for all the stupid things we did as teenagers." He chuckles.

"Ugh, I've changed my mind. My child does not need to be friends with any of your spawns."

"It's going to happen." He wiggles his eyes.

"Nope, never!"

"Blake has super sperm, so yeah, it'll happen."

I shove Kyle away but he tugs me back.

We're going to be super old and I don't know if I'll ever be prepared for it. Until then, I need to live life the best I can.

I'm only working one day next week, so hoping to smash out some more chapters!