Chapter Thirty Seven

Later on that night, after the Ewoks and the rebels had resolved their differences, all could be found in one of the bigger huts. A glowing fire illuminating the room as C-3PO told the Ewoks stories of the rebels adventures. Han and Leia lean against each other remembering the stories fondly despite the emotions behind them. The Ewoks were so invested in the stories as C-3PO mimicked effects that some fell down onto the floor. Luke leaned back taking a quick look at Rhea who had a baby Ewok crawl into her lap and she was currently petting it with a childish smile. He's interrupted as C-3PO waves off R2-D2 annoyed.

"Yes, Artoo. I was just coming to that"

C-3PO continues until he catches up to present day, the Ewoks cheer and drums begin to sound.

"What's going on?"

Han asked.

"I don't know"

Leia replies sitting up worried. But C-3PO happily translates the news.

"Wonderful! We are now a part of the tribe"

One of the Ewoks hugs Hans leg in celebration.

"Just what I always wanted"

He smiles as he tries to pull it off his leg. Chewbacca, despite being hugged by the now sweet creatures barks at Han unhappy.

"Well, short help is better than no help at all, Chewie. Thank you. Okay"

The Ewok lets go of his leg and begins talking. C-3PO always one to quickly attend to his duty.

"He says the scouts are going to show us the quickest way to the shield generator"

"Good. How far is it? Ask him. We need some fresh supplies, too. And try and get our weapons back"

C-3PO turns to the Ewoks but Han grabs his arm.

"And hurry up, will ya? I haven't got all day"

Rhea puts the baby Ewok down and walks up to Han joining in on the conversation wanting her own blaster back when she notices two people missing.

"Hey, where'd Luke and Leia go?"

Han spins around quickly looking for the two rebels.

"I don't know"

He looks past C-3PO and sees Luke and Leia embracing out on the walkway.

"Hold on a minute"

He says annoyed and shoves past the droid and the Ewoks. Rhea hogs up to the exit of the hut and spots Luke walking away. She saw Han and Leia arguing so she couldn't get past them. She went back into the hut and left the other side running out the walkway once she was free of Ewoks.

"Luke!"

She runs on the walkway opposite him and he stops. She can see his shoulders drop even in the pale moonlight.

"Rhea... I've got to do this. You of all people know this better then anyone"

She grabs the walkways railing and leans over it in an attempt to get closer to Luke.

"I know you do"

She can she Lukes expression is a bit surprised at her response.

"Be careful this time around"

Luke smiles.

"I will"

"You promise?"

He lets out a quiet laugh.

"I promise"

They look at each other in silence for a few seconds before Luke grabbed his walkways railing and leaned over it.

"Rhea. There's something you need to know"

He sighs and grips the railing tighter.

"What Luke?"

He rubs his head and says it quietly to himself before answering her.

"I'll tell you when I'm back"

He sees her frown but nod.

"Just be careful Rhea"

"I promise I will"

                                   •✧•