Chapter 6

Keep the votes and comments coming in. Also, please share with your loved ones. You're supporting me as an author and motivating me to update faster ❤

Word count: 2261

Angela's POV

*

I dashed into the office, with David, dad's assistant trailing behind me.

"Sorry I'm late!" I announced to no one in particular and checked the time in a hurry. It read nine thirty. I wasn't that late but that didn't mean I wasn't guilty.

I still made people put their work on hold and sit in an office waiting for me.

"Yes my dear, it's no harm. Apology accepted." A gruff, croaky voice replied as I tried to catch my breath and adjust my hair at the same time.

I needed to talk to dad about his so called personal assistant who wouldn't stop bombarding my phone with numerous texts and calls.

For goodness sake, I almost got into an accident one time!

"Dad, I'm here now!" I deadpanned at my dad who gave me a tight smile and motioned for David to come closer.

He started giving David some instructions and motioning with his hands and his personal assistant kept nodding.

I took a seat and calmed myself down before looking around the table we were all sitting around.

There were currently five people in the room, and I was the only female between them all.

My dad, an elderly man with grey hairs visible at both his hair and also his eyelashes, a man with sandy blonde hair and intense blue eyes who was flipping through the papers on the table and dad's personal assistant.

Which of them was Eros?

Probably the handsome blonde sitting opposite m-

The blonde man looked up from his numerous files where he was engrossed only a few seconds ago.

His lips stretched into a warm smile that a lady could also interpret into pull down your panties and get here.

I licked my lower lip and smiled, so he would get on with the introduction already.

"Hello miss Angela Alfonsi. I am barrister Francis and I am honored to let you know I'll be your lawyer throughout the time this marriage preparation will be taking place." He told me as the smile vanished, to be replaced by a professional look.

I almost couldn't find my breath as I listened. He was the lawyer. Who was Eros then?

Dad's personal assistant left the room and I was left with three men.

Definitely my dad wasn't Eros...

Was this elderly man, who looked to be in his eighties Eros?

Was I being played all this while?

"Miss Angela?" Mr Francis, the blonde man called.

"Uh, yeah. It's nice to meet you Mr Francis, and you may proceed."

"I believe we have not met my dear, though I have heard a lot about you that my ears are now full." The old man spoke and Mr Francis halted.

He faced the man and didn't say anything afterwards.

My cheeks flamed when the man bit his lower lip and winked at me. Was this old man flirting with me?

He had slightly puffy cheeks and even his long lashes were grey. For goodness sake, he was old.