Chapter 9

Kindly share your comments as you read. ❤❤😍

Word count: 2101

*

His lips were sweet and he pressed himself into me on the couch, making me lean back and him get on top of me.

My eyes were shut tightly but I could feel every movement of his lips against mine, and the more I told myself I needed to stop this, the more I felt myself losing into him.

I wanted to get lost in him. Inside him, his world which I had seen swirling in his hazel orbs a few times.

When he pulled away, he licked my lower lip again and pecked me once more, before resting his forehead against mine. Our breathing was uneven as I opened my eyes to catch him doing the usual.

Staring at me.

"What are you doing to me?" He groaned and held me by the neck with one hand and by the waist with the other hand. "I really shouldn't be doing this. It's only been two days since we met angel, but, fuck I can't help it."

My hands battled with his hair as I shook off the worry burning in my stomach and replaced it with peace. There was nothing to panic about.

One thing I was sure of, was that my inner self wouldn't lead me right into the pit. And my inner at was very calm at this point in time, she wanted this.

I wasn't getting scolded for pulling him closer or even kissing him.

The only reason I was panicking was because my reaction to him was a bit scary.

I'd never been in love before, just relationships of convenience twice. But I knew what it was like to be in love, because I had read about it so much in books and watched it in movies that I knew what the feeling was like.

Was I in love with Donovan?

No. It couldn't be. It was too early...

My breath hitched at the thought, while his lips slowly trailed down my neck. We'd just known each other for a few days. Two days in fact.

I didn't stop the moan that escaped when he sucked on my collarbone, heaving a tormented sigh as he continued. I couldn't fight it and even if I could, I didn't want to.

"There's something we can do." I panted and cleared my throat.

He raised his head up and moved closer to kiss me but I planted my hands on his chest just in time to stop him.

"What?" He asked glumly and sat beside me, quickly taking my hands.

Have you ever met someone and just felt like you've known them your whole life?

Considering how awkward first meetings usually were for me, I was sure taking this next door neighbor relationship well.

"Stay away from each other." I blurted even though it didn't sound right in my ears.

We weren't werewolves, so we weren't mates. We could practice the art of staying away from each other. That could only mean I was being insensible to want him so much like I did that it made my heart ache.

His eyes clouded with what I could guess was irritation, then softened as he gently looked at me.

"As much as I want to leave you all to yourself Angel, I simply can't. If I had my way, we wouldn't be doing any talking right now." He told me as a matter of fact.

My eyes widened dramatically at the audacity. There was something else we could do if we weren't talking.

No, there were so many things we could do if we weren't currently conversing.