Chapter 26

Kyra's POV

  Once I was out of sight, I sat down on the grass and put my head in my hands. Why does is happen to me? All I wanted was to win and go on a normal date. But no, I couldn't do that because of those two. I sigh and stand up. Then I walk back to the castle and go to the Great Hall.

   "Woah! Woah! What do you think your doing Missy?" Proffesor McGonagall says rushing to me and pulling me out of the Great Hall.

   "Uh, getting dinner, why?" I ask. Are the people from the other schools coming early?

     "All Gryffindor players are not allowed in here untill we call them." she says.

   "Uh, okay then?" I say and walk to the Gryffindor Common room. When I walked in, I saw Hermione sitting by the fireplace reading a book and drinking something from a mug, which I assumed was hot chocolate.

  "Hey." she says not looking from her book. I sit down by side her and look into the fire. "How was your date?" she asks me.

   "Oh, it was wonderful at first. We kissed. twice." I say and she squeals. "But, Draco and Oliver got into an argument and Oliver hit him. So I just left them to figure it out."

    "Oh. Are you mad at Oliver?"

   "Well, yeah. But I'm mad at Draco to." I say.

   "I get it. But don't blame Oliver too much. He was probaly only trying to be protective." she says and looks back at her book.

  "Why would you think that?" I ask and raise my eyeborws at her.

   "Oh, because he always does, doesn't he? It's obvious. Even when Ron talks to you, Oliver has this protective look on his face." she says and we laugh. She read's and I look at the fire for a while when someone walks through the door.

   "Hey. Hermione, you can go eat now." Oliver's voice says.

    "Okay." she says and looks at me seriously. I know she wants me to forgive him. I want to, also, but it's hard.

   "Hey, Kyra, can we talk?" Oliver asks when Hermione and some others leave.

   "Shouldn't we get to dinner first?" I say getting up.

   "No. Uh, we have to wait untill they call us."

   "Fine." I say and sit on the couch.

   He sits next to me, so I scoot over a little. "Kyra, I'm so so sooooo sorry." he says and looks at me pleadingly.

  "I know you are, Oliver. I just wish you two wouldn't argue so much." I say and sigh.

   "I know. I'm working on it." he says and looks at me. The fire is crackling and the room is quiet. We look at each other, but don't say anything. I turn and look at the fire, when Oliver pulls me back to look at him. "I love you Kyra." he says and we kiss, again.

  "Gryffindor-oh." I hear and pull away from Oliver.  "Sorry, to, um, inturrupt. Gryffindor players can come to dinner now." Proffesor McGonagall says and leaves.

   We stand up quickly and rush out the room. When we get to the Great Hall, our team is lined up outside the door. Oliver and I make our way to the front of the line and wait.

"What are we waiting for? I'm hungry" I ask Oliver.

"I don't know. I guess we get a big entrance." Oliver says and shrugs like it's no big deal.

But I know it is.

Oliver has waited his whole school year to get this glory by winning. I see it in his eyes as we stand and wait. He looks excited to get out there and hear the claps of the school and the boos of the Slytherin. I can't wait either.

"They need to hurry up!" I yell and jump up and down.

Angelina starts to say something but is cut off by the doors opening to the Great Hall.

We enter and see everyone standing up and applauding. Gryffindors yell in triumph while Slytherins slowly clap. Suddenly a cannon goes off and confetti flies everywhere.

"Holy Snitch" I yell in fright.

We sit down at our table.  Dumbledore approaches the podium and tells everyone to get silent.

"Today we honor Captain Oliver Wood and his team of Gryffindors for winning the Hogwarts Qudditch Cup. As a result, many points will be added to Gryffindor. We also will eat and enjoy their company here today. If I may ask, I would love to hear a speech from one of the best qudditch chasers Hogwarts has ever had; Mrs.Kyra if you would please come up." Dumbledore says and welcomes me on stage.

My eyes go wide and I look at Hermione and Oliver.

"Go!!" They urge me.

"Well if you insist" I say and walk to the stage waving at many as I pass.

  "Sup." I say as I get to the podium. "So, um, I didn't prepare a speech but whatever I'll improvise. First of all, I would like to thank Proffesor McGonagall for working so hard on getting us on the field to practice. Y'all know how hard that is because of cough Slytherin. I would also like to thank Hermione for catching me up on homework." I say and look at her pointing. "You go girl. Finally I would like to thank...."

I think before I speak. I could thank Oliver, but doesn't Draco deserve recognition too? He was there for me when I needed it most.

  "Draco Malfoy." I say and I see Fred cough up his drink. " He encouraged me and helped me when I needed it most. So thanks."

  "Also, my boyfriend Oliver deserves a thanks. He's the best qudditch captain around and is going far in life."

  "What about us?" Fred and George yell out. "We kept the bloody bludgers off of ya!"

  "Oh yeah and thank you two also." I say and laugh.

  " I've always wanted to win the Quidditch Cup, and now I have. So I will finally finish Snape's homework he gives us every. single. night. Thanks Snape." I say and walk off the stage.

Many laugh and clap. As soon as I sit down Dumbledore allows us to eat. Food flashes on the table. Everything we eat or drink is gold or red from food coloring. When I say gold, I mean pure gold. I see Crabbe grabbing some and putting it in his pocket, while other Slytherins refuse to eat it.

  We laugh, talk, and eat until we can't anymore. I glance at Draco and see he is motioning for me to go in the hall. I get up to go and Oliver stands up with me.

"Wait. You stay. I just need some fresh air. It's getting stuffy in here." I say and he nods and sits down.

   I walk out a little after Draco. He is standing in the hall waiting against a wall.

"What?" I say as I come near.

"Did you mean what you said up there?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say and look at the gound.

  He suddenly takes me by the arm and we kiss. 

"Why did you do that?" I say and back away.

  "Because I love you, and I'm so sorry for the other day." He says and walks away.

__________________________________________
Wow.
Thanks for all the reads like seriously. Y'all are amazing.