Chapter 21

Kyra's POV

 I'd like to say I went to the party and sat down and had some snacks and talked to my friends while everyone else acted crazy, but I don't lie. It's not my fault really, Fred and George made me and Oliver the center of the attention. They even did a cheers to the "happy couple".

Finally I got away and went to sit on the steps leading to the girl's rooms. On my way there i managed to grab some punch and some cookies. Eating my cookies and drinking punch on the steps watching the boys on the team mess around and everyone cheer, that was my week. Game after game we won, and party after party, we had. On Saturday was round one of the two rounds for the title.

 We had to play Slytherin, of course. I wasn't really nervous about winning as much as I was about the next week, when the other schools would come and live with us.

Saturday came with rainy weather and cold temperatures. I woke up early that morning and took a jog around the castle. Many people said hi, none from Slytherin. Some would ask how I was, and I would say fine. Some would ask how Oliver was, and I would say great. The rest would ask how Oliver AND I was, and I would say splendid. Which was the truth, I guess you could say.

  It was great and everything, don't get me wrong. It was just that we didn't act like we used to, and it was kind of awkward. Everyone would watch us, and ask us questions, and I didn't like it. When people would ask about me and Draco, it was fine.

  But when people would ask me about Oliver, it was weird. It was different some how, I don't know why. I guess it's because I expected people to know how me and Oliver was. It's not like we were having major relationship problems. I would expect people to think that about me and Draco, for it made since, us being Gryffindor and Slytherin.

  I jogged until breakfast time, and walk into the Great Hall exhausted.

  "Where've you been?" Oliver asks when I sit down.

  "Jogging." I say and get me some food from the middle of the table.

  "Nervous today?"

  "Not really."

  "Okay."  Awkward silence.

  This happens to us a lot lately. I say something, he answers, and then we sit in silence. It's like we're afraid to make each-other mad. 

  "Welllllllll this was great. I'm leaving now." i say and jump up from the table. Walking to my room, I join Harry, Ron, and Hermione going to the Gryffindor Tower,or whatever it is they do.

  "Sup, Harry. How's Snape been lately?" I ask.

  "Same as usual."

  "Sooo crazy, right?"

  "Pretty much. Especially with this game coming up."

  "Yeah. Don't fret over it to much though. You'll do fine."

  "What, you don't think your ex can play good or something?" Ron asks.

  "Shutup, that's not what I'm saying." We all laugh.

  "Sounded like it." I hear a familiar voice say and we turn around to see Draco and his gang behind us. We stop laughing and stand awkwardly there on the way up the steps.

  "Good luck today, by the way. You're going to need it." he says and they all laugh.

  "Gosh, I hate him so much." Ron mutters and we continue our walk.

 ~~~~

 When I get to my room, I have an hour to waste before I am supposed to play. I decide to go ahead and get ready, and walk to the field to sit and wait.

 As I walk on the field, many Slytherins stare at me, but say nothing. They don't look mad or annoyed, they actually look sincere. Some even took the time to nod and continue on their journey. I know ever single one of these students, whether they know me or not, but in my case they probably do.

  As I walk onto the field I see someone laying the middle of it. Draco. He's laying like we used to, but with Pansy.

  I could say "I don't know why but I felt jealous", but let's be real, I WAS jealous. That was something in which I could not deny.

 I was about to turn around and go to the stands instead, but Draco stops me with his voice.

  "Pansy, up. Let Kyra lay here." he says and she tries to object, but he shoo-es her off.

  "Lay down." he says and gestures next to him. We lay there for a while, until he dares to break the silence. "I'm sorry."

 "For what?"

  "For being rude, I guess. We can talk and be friends, there's no reason why not."

 "You sure? Sure Pansy wouldn't get to upset."

  "She'll get over it. They always do." More silence.

 "Draco?"

 "Yeah."

  "Good luck."

 "You to." We stay silent the rest of the time until we get up to go to join our teams.