Chapter 22 (WOW)

No POV

    Everyone stared at the red haired girl as she walked in the locker room. She hadn't thought it through when she layed on the ground with Draco, but the ground had been wet from the dew that covered the large area of grass on the Hogwarts ground. The tips of her red hair were grazed with dew and and pieces of grass. The back of her Gryffindor Qudditch uniform was a dark red, an effect from the wet lawn. She was determined to look past the stares as she sat down and grabbed a towel to wipe off the dirt from her cardinal colored converse.

  "Listen up everyone, today is important day." says Oliver starting his annual speech. Fred and George mouth the words,out of sheer annoyment to Oliver. "We are almost there, almost to the moment we all have been waiting for, the Hogwarts Qudditch Cup finals. Today, we play Slytherin, are arch nemesis. They have tried again and again to beat us, and have failed. They have broke the heart of one of Gryffindor's Greatest chaser's ever to play on Hogwarts grounds." Kyra can feel her cheeks heat up from this added part to the speech. "But we won't let her down. We will get vengeance on the evil losers. We, will win." Kyra mouths the last part with Fred and George as Oliver says it.

    "Well, that was a wonderful speech. I especially like that new part, although it bugs me that i don't know who it's about." Kyra says out loud to the listening ears of the team with a smirk.

  "I know right?" Katie says and winks at her

   "I can't tell if I liked it better when you two hated each other, or now that you like each other." Oliver says looking up from cleaning his broom.

    "I felt the same with you and Kyra!" George says to Oliver.

    "Hey! I never hated Oliver, I just, disliked him very much for a while." Kyra retorts and everyone laughs. "Ugh, I'm so nervous!"

   "Why? You'll do perfectly fine!" Oliver says and hugs her from behind.

  "Guys, I'm already about to throw up from nervousness, stop making me want to do it more." Harry says.

   "Well, I see who's not getting a hug before we go on the field." Kyra says sticking her tongue out at him.

    The team are cut short in laughing when the announcer speaks saying the game starts in two minutes.  Kyra grabs her  broom and puts up her hair then walks to the door leading onto the field and waits. As the team lines up with her, Oliver by her side, she can feel her heart pounding quickly in her chest. Kyra takes a deep breath and closes her eyes to calm herself.

   "You ready?" Oliver asks her.

    "Huh?" Kyra says snapping out her gaze. "Oh, ye..yeah. I'm ready."

    "Hey, you'll be okay." he says reassuringly.

   "Oliver?" she says staring at him intently. "What happens.. i-if we lose?"

    "Well, I'll have two more years to try again for the championship and you'll have three."

    "I know that!" she says swatting him in the arm. "I mean, how will you feel? What will you do?"

   "I'll be mad of course." Oliver replies, his accent thick in the silent air. "But, I'll get over it."

    Before Kyra can reply, they are being directed to fly on the field. The cold wind hits her face as she flies to her position. The wind is chilly on everyone, she can see as she looks at the crowd. Students are crowded together with blankets thrown over them. They wear hats and scarves and mittens to cover them also. Although it's cold, and their is a big chance they will
all be sick the next day, no one dares to miss the game between the arch rivals that's sure to be a fight.

   Madam Hootch tells them the rules and to be fair. As she says the play fair rule, Kyra glances at Draco and shakes her head. As her gaze on Draco stops, the whistle is blown and she grabs the quaffle. She races through the cool air over to the opposite side of the field of Oliver to the large hoops. She gets close in her throwing range and tosses the quaffle toward
the hoop past Marcus. It makes it through and the announcer says they have a point.

  The game goes as normal without much change until about almost an hour later.  (Sorry about the bold)  The game is at a close 85-83, Gryffindor ahead by two. Marcus yells at his team different things to do, even to cheat if they have to. Gryffindor scores once more, being closely blocked by the Slytherin team, but not blocked enough. Marcus calls a time out and gathers his team on the far end of the field, away from the referee and Gryffindor.

  "We have to win this game. Even if it means to cheat. Do you understand?" Marcus urgently tells his team as they nod their head yes. "Draco, hurry up and find that snitch. You may have to hurt Potter, just do it. Beaters, when Hootch isn't looking....."

Kyra's POV

 As Marcus talks to his team, Oliver gives us some tips for staying ahead. He occasionally smiles at me when he gives tips on blocking, things I do often on the field. Madame Hootch signals us back on the field. As I fly in the air, Oliver grabs my hand and turns me to look at him. "You're doing great." he says and kisses my cheek. My eyes go wide, but he doesn't see it as he flies in the air. I smile and fly in the air to my position.

   The quaffle is thrown in the air and one of the Slytherin chasers grab it and fly toward the goal. I'm not worried about them making the goal, since it has to get past Oliver. I get shoved by one of the beaters while the other hits the bludgers at Oliver. He falls off his broom onto the ground. I scream and fly downwards as Slytherin scores. Madame Hootch dosn't see Oliver on the ground, nor did she see him fall.The game continues, no one guarding the goal. I see Oliver finally being taken to the nurse by some teachers. As i fly back on the field I hear the announcer yell Draco has caught the snitch. It was all a blur ever since Oliver fell. People fall all the time, but not like he did. I was so scared I couldn't pay attention to the Slytherin students running past me on the field and my team dragging me away from the field. I didn't realize I was shaking until I sat down in the locker room. I get control of myself and run to the hospital wing.