Chapter 9

We get back to the castle around 8:30. Draco drops me off at the Gryffindor Tower before he leaves to go to his house dorm. I say the password, walk in the common room, lie on the couch, and close my eyes to think about my day. Don't get me wrong, today was wonderful. But I'm so confused. I thought Oliver was the only boy I could ever imagine to like. But I guess not. And never, EVER in a million years would I had thought the boy to steal my heart would be Draco Malfoy. I'm so wrong about so much.

  And then there's the problem that Oliver is so upset with me and I have qudditich practice all this week. And finally, me and Draco's kiss. It was so unexpected and wonderful all at the same time. Oliver's already mad at me, but what if he found out? He'd kick me off the team! I can't afford to let that happen. I'll have to make sure Draco doesn't tell anyone.

    I get up and make sure I have my wand in case I have to hex someone into silence. I turn to run out of the common room when someone bumps into me head on.

   "Who's there!?" I yell while holding out my wand.  I look on the floor to see the least person I want to see. Oliver Wood.

  "What the bloody hell are you doing?" he whisper yells at me.

   "Uh, going on a walk. What are YOU doing?" I ask back. No way would I let him know what I'm doing. All these lies keep building up.

  "Waiting for someone." he replies.

  Who would he be waiting for at 10:00?

  "May I ask who that someone may be?" I say.

  "Actually....... no you can not." he replies. Oh come on.

 "You know when people ask other people to be more specific, they really aren't asking but demanding." I say as sarcastic as possible.

 "Fine. If you must know. I'm waiting for Katie Bell." he says with a hint of meaness in his voice.

 "Katie Bell?!" I say a little to loudly.

 "Yes Katie Bell. Don't act so upset. You must have saw this coming. You can't expect me to wait for you while you run off with Draco and finally decide to come back!" He says.

  Before I can replie Katie comes down the stairs and loops her arm through Oliver's. She says a slight hi and they walk off toward the portrait door leaving me standing there with a confused look on my face.