Paint Stain Confession (X reader)

You work as a sound woman for Battle Universe as well as work on thumbnails. You've made friends with everyone and even gotten a crush on one of your co-workers, Woods. No one knows and that's the way you want to keep it.

Your P.O.V
I'm working on a BU thumbnail when I get a VOX from Patrick. "Hey (y/n), I was wondering if you could come to Orange and do the sound for Rekt? Lis isn't feeling well and I have to leave in a few minutes." I check my schedule, No shoots today and I'm almost finished with this thumbnail. "Yeah Pat, When do I need to be there and who's on?" I send one back. "10 minutes and the talent is Gunner, Woods and Tanner. Chuck will be next to you supervising." He replies almost immediately. "No problem, I'll save my work and head over there now." I send back as I save my stuff. I gather a couple of my things and start to walk over to Orange Base.

*Time skip to arriving at the Rekt shoot*

"Hey, guys!" I say as walk into the warehouse. I'm faced with Tanner trying to make out with Rex. I stand there just watching for a minute. Tanner stops pulls away and looks at the guys, "Well, I think I've won." He says laughing a bit. "I still need to go and I'm obviously going to win," Woods says. I silently laugh to myself. "Just pretend it's-" Gunner starts to say and I clear my throat loudly to interrupt him. The guys all turned to me as I laughed at them. "(Y/n)! What are you doing here?" Woods says startled. "I'm doing sound for this one. What are you guys doing?" I ask as I put my stuff down by the sound equipment, behind a barrier. "Nothing important. Do you know what we're filming?" Tanner asks as I get the microphones out. I just shake my head as I start to set up Gunner's mic first. "Spray can destruction." Gunner replies as I clip his mic on his shirt. "Oh okay, good thing I'm behind the barrier," I say as I do Tanner's mic. Once I finish Tanner's mic I go to do Woods. "I'm just going to the bathroom quickly," Tanner says and leaves fast. "I forgot something on my desk, I'm going to quickly grab it. Chuck, cany you help me?" Gunner says as him and Chuck leave. Great, they left me alone with Woods. "I like that shirt." He says, snapping me out of my annoying thoughts. "Thank you, it's one of my favourites. Are you excited to film this?" I ask him as I clip the mic to his shirt. "Yeah, it'll be good." He replies as the guys come back in.

*Last can of the shoot*

Woods lifts his axe up and swings it down into the can. Suddenly the can spins and flies next to me, covering me and Woods with red paint. "Sssssshhhhhhhooot" I yell out, almost swearing. "(y/n)! I'm so sorry! I didn't think it would come all the way out here!" Woods yells as he grabs the paint can and moves it back to the platform. "This is going to stain and I don't have any clothes here. Plus we need to go to lunch later." I say as I take the headphones off and give them to Chuck. "You guys go and clean up, we'll end the video and clean up," Gunner says as Woods and I leave the set. "I'm so sorry (n/n). I know that was your favourite top and I ruined it." Woods says as we go into his office. "Woods, don't worry. It wasn't your fault and I can always get a new one." I say as he opens a little wardrobe. "Did the paint get on your jeans as well?" He asks me. I look to see a giant red patch on my leg. "Yeah." I let out a sigh. "Here, put these on. They should fit at least a bit." He says as he hands me a top and overalls. I smile and look at him. "Thank you, Woods," I say as I leave the room and go to get changed into the bathroom. I take off my top and jeans. I fill the sink with water and I put my stained clothes in to soak. I put on the top that Woods gave me, his Space Jam top and his black overalls. The top is a bit oversized and the overalls are loose on me. I go to tighten the overalls but I can't reach them. I hold the material up as I leave the bathroom, my clothes still in the sink, and go to Woods' office. 

"Hey Woods, can you please help me?" I ask as I walk in. "Yeah sure, what's up?" He turns to me and I notice that he hasn't got a top on, just a new set of jeans. "I- um, I just need you to help tighten the overalls," I say as I turn around so that he could tighten them. He adjusts the straps and I turn back around. "What do you think?" I ask as I do a little twirl. "You look cute. You should wear my clothes more often." He says to me and I blush. "Thank you. Now I'll let you get your shirt on and I'll put these and my clothes in a bucket to soak." I say as I pick up his stained clothes and leave. I get a bucket and fill it with water, then I get my clothes out of the sink. "Hey (y/n), I think I should tell you something." I hear Woods say. "Yeah, what is it?" I ask him as I place the bucket on the counter. I turn to face him and he puts his hands on my hips. "(y/n) I really like you and I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me. Like on a date?" He asks me. "Yes Woods, I would love to go on a date with you. I really like you too." I reply smiling. He leans in and lightly kisses me. I kiss him back.

Published:(18/12/19 12:58 pm) Words:(1043)