Chapter 9 - You know you love me though.

Luke

Is wanting to hold your best friends hand that big of a deal?

I was honestly so close to intertwining my fingers with his but of course he had pulled away. The last thing I want to do is make him uncomfortable and feel awkward around me but I can't help it. Its just that I really want to be with him but he hasn't gotten any of the hints that I'm interested.

Maybe its because of Jenny. Stupid Jenny. She is literally getting in the way of everything and I honestly wish that she would move States or go somewhere that Ashton can't find her.

I'm not sorry about it either. Ashton was mine first, mine and she shouldn't be the first to have him. I loved him first so he should be mine first, or forever if that is even possible.

"Sorry," Ashton whispered while tucking his hands underneath his thighs. I didn't understand why he was apologizing. If it could've lasted longer then that would have been amazing but I'm still happy that I at least touched his hand.

It wasn't even on purpose either. I was so into the movie and whenever I'm into movies, I shove a bunch of popcorn in my mouth. Its probably why my mum calls me a fat ass but you can't blame me. A guy needs his food just as much as anyone else.

"I liked it though," I replied and he quickly turned his head in my direction and made eye contact with me, then cocked up an eyebrow.

"I liked the scene I mean, that just happened, where he proposed to her like it was so cute," I replied, trying not to get my cover blown. I'm literally the worst liar ever yet Ashton thinks its the truth.

"I know right?" He retorted, chuckling, "That ring was so expensive looking though like if I was getting proposed to I'd be perfectly fine with a candy ring because hey its cheap and delicious and it'll always stay in my heart."

"More like your stomach."

"Can you two shut up?" Some girl from behind us asked and I cringed at the sound of her annoying voice. Ashton then chuckled and mimicked the way she sounded but changed her words around. "Shut don't go up."

I wanted to laugh because what he said reminded me of the scene in the Disney movie 'Jump In' where Karin said that to Izzy in front of their dad.

"That was rude," The girl next to her mumbled, and from what I could see, she was rolling her eyes, so I rolled my eyes back.

"No, what's rude is telling me to shut up when you weren't involved in our conversation so if you could kindly fuck off then it'd be appreciated," Ashton retorted, letting his sassy side take over.

"Well maybe I wouldn't have to say it if you weren't talking during the movie!" The girl replied with her annoying voice then she pouted. I wanted to say something but knowing me, that's probably not the best idea and I'm just a liar anyway.

"Well spoiler alert, the man dies," I stated to the girls with a proud expression and they only made a hissing noise and stood up from their seats, walked down the stairs and out of the theatre.

"Damn Luke, where did that come from?" He questioned, placing his hand up in the air for a high five. I gladly accepted it and high-fived him then shrugged and giggled. He gave me a strange look then furrowed up yet another eyebrow.

"Did you just?"

"I did."

When we were younger, we made up this thing where if one of us giggle and crack the man code then we have to buy each other dinner. Since I giggled, I cracked the man code and now I'm the sucker that has to pay for food.

Oh well, we never specified what it had to be so it looks like I'm going to buy him a two dollar hot dog made on the streets. They're not bad tasting either and we used to eat them all the time when school ended.

It was kind of like our own little thing. He would get his usual and I'd get mine, then when we finished them, we would make predictions about the future for any person that would pass by us.

"You have to buy me food now loser," Ashton stated, sticking his tongue out. I desperately wanted to make out with him right then and there but he isn't even my boyfriend and that'd be just weird. Especially in front of Michael and Calum who haven't even noticed that we've been talking the whole time.

"I hope you're in the mood for street hot dogs then because I'm broke."

He nodded eagerly and gave me that chirpy smile which I adore a lot. "We haven't been there in a while so yes!"

Ashton always gets excited over the smallest things and its literally the cutest. Sometimes, I wish that I could tell him this but its better if I don't.

Suddenly, the girls came back in and started pointing at us then a flashlight shined directly in our faces. "Excuse me but I'm going to have to ask you to leave the theatre," The man holding the flashlight asked us.

He looked around our age and he seemed nice and I didn't want to argue with him on why we have our rights to be here. Ashton on the other hand basically set up his own protest and went on his full on rant mode about how that isn't fair.

"I'm sorry sir but you are disrupting everyone in the theatre," The man said, glancing around and I noticed that everyone was looking at us.

"I'm not a sir, I'm Ashton Irwin, 20 years old and I guarantee you that I can sew you for kicking me out when I have just as much of a right to be here as everyone else." Ashton was taking this too seriously and I honestly just wanted to get out of here.

The movie was great and yeah, I didn't actually know if the man died or not. I just wanted to get those girls away from us because they were practically whispering during the whole movie but we didn't snitch on them.

"Ashton, c' mon, let's just get out of here," I mumbled while lightly tugging on his arm. He wouldn't move, he only just stood there with an angry expression on his face.

"Explain to me why its okay for them to talk during the movie but we can't?" Ashton exclaimed, pointing to the two girls that ratted on us for having a conversation that we planned on ending soon. "I understand what you're trying to say sir, I mean Mr. Irwin but they were whispering and you were talking loud enough for you to distract everyone in here."

Bullshit was all he said before he stormed out of the theatre, so I scratched the back of my head then laughed awkwardly and quickly followed Ashton out of there. I didn't even bother saying bye to Calum or Michael since they both literally hate my guts.

I still haven't figured out why though.

-

"I can't believe you got us kicked out," I said, laughing and face-palming my forehead. He had a large grin on his face and I could tell that he was satisfied with what had happened back there.

"You know you love me though," He replied, scrunching up his nose like the cutie he is. "That I do."

If only he could see that saying that took everything inside of me but I managed to get it out of my system without a single stutter but Ashton still doesn't understand.

He thinks that I mean it in a friend way, because friends say it all the time and it bothers me.

The words I love you are just tossed around like it doesn't have a meaning anymore and its sad if you ask me. Its supposed to be used for special reasons, not for ones that don't have an explanation at all.