Chapter 13- I was hoping you'd show up.

Luke

I walked out of the bedroom not too long after jamming to some of my favorite tunes when I noticed a present under the tree on Christmas morning. There was no sign of Ashton, nor of my mother or father, or any of my brothers who I rarely see anyways.

I was alone on Christmas but at least I had something to open. My mother was at a party with her bosses and Ashton was over at his house with his family. It surprised me a bit since Ashton doesn't really like his family. He left me a note on the refrigerater saying where he was and I felt kind of sad about it.

Ashton and I spend every Christmas together but this time, he's spending it with family and I'm spending it alone. I sighed and walked towards the tree where the present was then began opening it. When the wrapping paper was off, I noticed that there was a cardboard box covered in tape and a card taped onto that.

I took the tape off of the card then took it out of the envelope. The front of the card had the the Simpson's on it and it made me chuckle since that show is pretty funny. Then I read the writing inside of the card.

Dear Luke,

Merry Christmas. I'm sorry that I'm not there when you start reading this because experiencing your reaction would probably make my life. Anyways, I've known you since I was a little boy and from the moment that I saw you, I knew we were going to be best friends. I remember helping your mum take care of you and I also remember the time that I was asked to change your diaper and you pissed on me. Yeah, that wasn't fun. But we grew up together, and I can't ask for a better best friend than you. I love you Lukey, you're like a brother to me and I hope I never lose you.

Love, Ashton xx

It made me tear up a bit since he actually put in the effort to get me something with how much we've been fighting. He still cares about me and that makes me happy because I thought I lost him as a friend.

But the fact that he thinks of me as only a best friend or even brother hurts. I want to be more than that to him but he isn't even interested in guys and he probably never will be. Sometimes I just wish he never met Jenny. She is sweet and all but she ruined my chances with him by 100%.

Speaking of Jenny, I wonder if he gave her anything for Christmas. He probably bought her a necklace or something, maybe he even asked her out. I wouldn't be surprised. She's beautiful, kind, caring and a girl, which is everything I'm not.

The box was still sitting on the floor unopened so I picked up some scissors that were already under the tree and cut it open. Inside, there was some tissue paper which confused me but I accepted it anyways. I pulled the tissue paper out of the box then smiled when seeing a stack of band tees.

Blink-182
All Time Low
GreenDay
The Misfits

I'd been wanting band merchandise since I was younger but I never got any since my mum didn't care enough to buy me any. Ashton actually listened to me and this means everything.

I smiled and stood up, then carried the stack of clothes up to my room. I wanted to thank Ashton for these, so I slipped on some black skinny jeans and The Misfits tee and headed out of my house.

He didn't live far away at all and I knew if I showed up at his house, his mother would be happy to see me. I walked over to his place then bit down on my lip while knocking.

His mother opened the door, her wearing an ugly Christmas sweater and for once she seemed sober since the last time I saw her.

"Luke, sweetheart! I've missed my third son! How are you?" I gave her a fake smile, then told her I was good in which she returned a smile back.

"Can I come in?" She nodded then allowed me to step inside. I saw Lauren and Harry sitting on the floor with presents and Ashton was glaring at them with a pouty face. He also had on a Christmas sweater and some reindeer ears which looked incredibly adorable on him.

"Luke is here."

Ashton looked up from the floor and glanced at me with the most amusing expression. "Lukey!" I smiled and walked towards him then took a seat on the couch beside him.

"I was hoping you'd show up."

"Really?"

He nodded with a smile. "Yes, you're my best friend and I was already starting to miss you like crazy."

"I've missed you too, Ash."

"Why did you come?" His question caught me off guard but then he giggled a bit. "I'm glad you did but what made you decide to?"

"I wanted to thank you for the shirts and I needed to see my best friend on the most wonderful time of the year." He giggled again then rested his head against my shoulder which made me jump a bit from surprise.

He had a smile on his face as he watched Lauren and Harry open their gifts and I felt happy, knowing that he was laying on me but I hoped he couldn't hear how fast my heart was pounding.

My hand accidentally touched his thigh when he snuggled into me so I pulled away quickly but suddenly, he intertwined his fingers with mine and never moved his head away from my chest.