Ch. 14

It's spinning. Oh, god. It's spinning. Round, and round, and round it goes. I feel like it will never stop. I'm sitting next to Kylie. She looks like she's about to puke. I'm sure I do, too.

It slowing down now. Aaron's looking right at me. He has a winning smile all over him.

It's barely moving now, inching closer to me by the second. 

It's still now. The spinning has stopped. And it's pointing at Kylie. 

"Fuck no!", She yells, crossing her arms, "No freaking way am I spending 7 minutes in a closet with my brother! Let alone, touch him!".

"Spin again, Aaron!", shouts a few people. People I don't even know. People I've never seen in my life.

And it's spinning again. So fast, I can barely watch it, without feeling slightly lightheaded.

I feel like it's going faster. Each time it passes me I let out a sigh of relief, but when it makes it round, I hold my breath. 

It's slowing down, inching closer and closer to me. 

It's only a few inches away from stopping, and I'm only a few inches away from it.

It's still. And I'm still.

Because it's pointing right at me.

Kylie curses.

Aaron grins.

I try to control the nerves circling my body.

"Have fun! Your 7 minutes starts now!", yells a girl, clicking away on her phone.

In the closet...

"You're so pretty", Aaron whispers, gently stroking my knotted hair.

I smile, looking right into his eyes. He looks back.

"I remember when you had your first kiss", He says, blushing, "You rang our doorbell like ten times, and I was so annoyed because I was trying to study", He grins at me, "Mom opens the door and you go 'Mrs. Patterson! Mrs. Patterson! You're never gonna believe this! I had my first kiss!'. She started fussing over you, and that's when Kylie came downstairs. You two raced to her room, and started giggling, and squealing. " 

I blush.

"I listened from my room and was envious. I was supposed to be your first kiss, not Trent", Aaron shook his head, and I frowned. "Remember, when we were really little? Ky and you were maybe 5, and I had just turned 6? We went to the pond".

I smiled and blushed vividly. "I found a frog and Kylie said if I kissed it I'd have myself a prince".

"And you said 'No! I can't have my first kiss with a frog! I want a real boy. A cute boy", Aaron pauses.

I finish for him, "A boy like Aaron".

Aaron looks at me, with that cute little lopsided grin. I look back at him, with a teensy little smile, and blush.

"I really wanted that kiss", I say.

"So did I", He says.

We sit there for a moment, just thinking until Aaron breaks the silence.

"I never got you a birthday present", He says, grinning wickedly.

I shake my head, laughing. Then I check my phone. 

"We have 4 minutes left...in Heaven", I say.

"Then let's make it count", He nods, and I nod at the same exact timing.

When our lips touch, I instantly fall in love. 

With my best friend's brother.

7 minutes in heaven; and I spent half of that time making-out with my brand new boyfriend.