Ch. 3

So, Parker and I ended up going ice skating together. Well, obviously. 

We mostly talked, and took pics together-awww! But, we also skated hand in hand around the court. It was fun. I enjoyed myself. 

The only thing is Paisley. She's in my PE class and she's one of the more popular girls. She hangs around with the most popular girl in school, Harper, and her boyfriend, Stephan. Paisley, I remember was the girl who got out of running laps every day saying, "Oh, but I just got my period and it's so painful", and "I just ended my period, but the cramps are still hanging out", and, "I'm expecting my period soon, and I'm already having terrible cramps." That little Diva is such a Demon! 

Everyone likes her, because she's friends with Harper, and she's also pretty. She makes glasses look good with her long blond hair. I never really bothered to know her though. I didn't care who she was. I thought she was just some dramatic pop, squad girl. And I was SO right. Boy, was I right ...

By the looks of it, her and Chad were a "thing". They were chatting most of the time (well, she was blabbing almost the time.) They skated together (though not hand in hand), and near the end, they were making-out near the entrance and ended up getting asked to leave the rink He has!

It was weird how things happened so fast. I felt like I had just gotten there when it was time to leave. He was so easy to talk to and so nice to be with. But my mom's SUV was not wanting to wait in the cold. 

Parker walked me to the car and introduced himself. Mom smiled a lot; a sign of approval and then she surprised me. "Parker, would you like to join us for dinner?" I grinned when I nodded and said in his sweet, polite voice, "That'd be nice, Mrs. Reinhold".

We climbed into the backseat, next to my 10-month-old sister, Mckayla. All my sibling were there; I have five. Jaden and Noah were in the back-backseat, they're 8 and 9. Kenedy was in the middle of the back-backseat. She's 6. Lindsey was in the front with mom; she's 10.

The questions came and the comments went. 

"How old are you?" 

"13" 

"Really? So is Riley!" 

"Are you guys girlfriend and boyfriend?" 

"I don't know." 

"Looks like it to me."

"Do you like lasagna?" 

"It's fine." 

"I love lasagna! Do you?" 

"Kenedy, I just asked that", Lindsey says. 

I snuggled up next to Parker, which made them all ooh and ahh. Noah and Jaden were in the middle of singing "Parker and Riley sitting in a tree K-i-s-s-i-n-g" when mom caught my eye in the mirror and grinned. I grinned back, warmly. Parker wrapped his arm around me. I found his hand and held it. He smiled. My sibling's eyes were practically glued to us. 

Mom looked at me again and mouthed, "I'm so happy for you".

I was happy for me, too.