034 : birthday lovin' - part two

( 034 )BIRTHDAY LOVIN' PART TWO❝ HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS FORYOU, BUT HE DID

( 034 )
BIRTHDAY LOVIN' PART TWO
❝ HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS FOR
YOU, BUT HE DID. AND I'M GLAD. ❞

WITH JUST HOURS TO GO UNTIL SCARLETT AND TOM WERE TO OPEN THEIR DOORS TO A HOUSE PARTY IN CELEBRATION OF HER BIRTHDAY, THEIR DOORBELL RUNG, THOUGH IT WAS EXPECTED. Scarlett took a deep breath, looking at Tom, who was just as pale and shaking in fear as she was. The couple knew who it was, both sets of their parents, and the news of the twins would be told to them for the first time. But, considering how their last conversation went, it was nervewracking to anticipate the outcome of this conversation.

Tom went to answer the door on his own, leaving Scarlett sat in the living room with  a cushion conveniently placed over her ever-growing stomach, as she didn't want them to guess straight away.

Scarlett could hear the door open as voices of her and Tom's parents rush in through the house. She could hear Joan asking where her daughter was immidiately, and she also heard Tom make a joke with his dad. Tom hadn't done that in a while, not talk about his family like they were poison, and she knew he was desperate to feel loved again by the people who raised him.

Joan's face was the first to pop in through the living room door, and both mother and daughter softened at sight of eachother for the first time in months. Scarlett open extended her arms to her mother, and Joab complied, rushing into a large embrace with her youngest daughter, exhaling deeply. "Oh babe, you have no idea how lovely it is of you and Tom to invite us over. I missed you."

While Joan mumbled into Scarlett's shoulder, Edward, Nikki and Dom all piled in and sat themselves on the sofas that assorted around the room, Tom coming in last, and straight away seeing to his pregnant wife, holding her hand tightly.
"I missed you too, mum. I missed you all." Scarlett replied, looking around the room to adults she grew up with. She almost felt like a child again.

"Yeah, me too. We feel like we need to air out the dirty laundry between us - we need to talk, as one family. Because that's what we are, now." Tom says firmly, his hand still gripped onto Scarlett's, who equally held his as tight.

All four of the parents nodded in agreement, with Edward piping up first. "It got out of hand, with us not accepting you and Tom. We knew about your - pact - you had with him, and so when you told us we all thought that it was some sort of joke." He explains thoroughly, and Nikki nods her head, a sheet of tears over her eyes as she looks at her eldest son.

"Of course we saw the love between you two, it was there ever since you were children. But look, you got married officially two days after Scarlett found out about that horrible man cheating on her. She was vulnerable." Nikki further explains, and both Tom and Scarlett saw the sense that their parents had for all this time.

"But like you said, Nikki, we love eachother. We broke up for a bit, yes, because we were figuring eachother out. But I'm telling you now, this is for life. When I said till death do us part, I meant it." Scarlett tears up, and all the parents sighed, looking like everyone was going to sob.

They all knew they had forgiven each other in that moment.

"So, we'd like to officially invite you to our big wedding ceremony, the flashy part of our marriage, that's next week." Tom concludes, and all four rejoiced, feeling a burst of gratefulness. Scarlett reaches behind her with three envelopes, one for Nikki and Dom, one for Ed and one for Joan, that had their names written on in ink.

"Here are your invites." Scarlett passes the envelopes around, and sits back down next to Tom, the two holding their hands tightly. The wedding invites also contained a picture of the latest ultrasound of the babies, and this was their way of telling their parents.

Nikki was the first to expectedly gasp, grabbing a hold of Dom's shirt as he looks, shock plastered all over his face. Joan began to silently cry, looking up at her daughter in such joy that she hadn't seen when she was around her mother for a lot of months.

"Are you pregnant?" She sobs, and Scarlett couldn't help but start to cry herself, nodding as she finally takes the stupid sofa cushion away from her stomach to reveal her very much swelled and pregnant stomach, and all four mother and fathers rushed to hug and embrace their children.

"Not just one, but two! We're having twins!" Tom adds, which only intensified the bawling from the mother's, and even the dads began to shed a few tears themselves, all six just bawling but incredibly euphoric messes, sitting all cramped on one sofa, finally feeling like one family for the first time.

"Oh this is just perfect, I'm so thankful we get to be a part of your wedding and our grandchildren's lives. This is just, the best day ever." Joan whispers to her daughter, who Scarlett is grasping tightly. Her bond with her mother had at last returned.

Sniffing from her tears, Scarlett clears his throat. "It was Tom's idea. He didn't have to do this for you, but he did. And I'm glad he did." She smiles, and somehow this birthday had become the best that she has had in a very long time.

⋆。˚  ✩

break my heart bc that is the most mf cute chapter i have written in a long time

coming soon - tomlett's wedding !
don't forget to vote and comment pls x