𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏

Start from the beginning

the gunner fiddled with his own hands, contemplating whether he would say this or not.

in the end, after a few seconds, he opens his mouth to speak yet the words wouldn't come out. he tried again yet failed to hide the small stutter that came with it.

"im- im sorry for being hostile to you. im not really the type to enjoy the company of new people easily and not to mention you're a royal" he said, half whispering the first part but soojin heard it loud and clear. he gives her a look as a smile threatened to creep up on her face "but dont expect me to be nice to you princess. it doesn't mean i shared this part of my life, we'll instantly get closer. i still dont like you, so dont get your hopes up"

soojin nodded yet her mind was still thinking about the fact that she and the gunner was finally getting somewhere.

for the first time in days. she actually had soobin out of her head, even just for a while.

the gunner stood up. placing his guard up once again as he towered over soojin's sitting form "i hope we dont bump into each other often princess. i'll go in first"

soojin watches as the gunner leaves and enters the tavern, the door slightly squeaking- feeling in the silence of the night.

soojin had a small genuine smile plastered onto her face.

even though the gunner's last words were nothing but nice, her heart was filled with content- this was their first proper interaction and it'll be one she would remember for a long time.

as she sat there alone once again, another wave of thoughts surged through her mind as there was no one there to accompany and distract her from her raging thoughts.

she intertwines her fingers as she puffs out a heavy breath of air, trying to organize her thoughts.

the light feeling inside her chest gone, only to be replaced with something she couldn't quite understand. her chest felt tight.

she stares at the stars above as her mind had finally calmed down, even for a bit.

whoever help wooyoung leave that place, thank you... i hope you two could finally have a reunion so that you can see how strong and great wooyoung had grown to be. maybe we could pay you a visit but... he doesn't know the name of your kingdom.. maybe your original kingdom and your name? you might be someone i know or studied about.

-

san had been watching the two from their room's small window. his eyes not leaving his sister and the gunner as he tries to make out what they were saying.

they talked there for quite a while, making san wonder much more.

he was worried about his sister and even though she had said that she didn't need the company of her brother. he still wanted to look out for her.

the prince feels a thump in his heart as he sees his sister casting a small smile and wooyoung laughing. he feels a little overwhelmed as he sees the two interacting with each other like normal human beings, it was indeed a rare sight to see.

as he watches the two like a stalker, a smile was also creepy onto his face.

these two are finally getting a long.

as he watches the gunner leave for good, he battles with himself whether to join his sister or not. he decides on the latter as he watches her stand up a little while after and enters the tavern.

he hurriedly lays flat on the bed and pretends to sleep, producing small snores to make it more realistic.

soojin open the door quietly as she sees her brother sleeping on their shared bed. she slowly climbs on top of it, discarding her boots to the side.