Ark 2 - A soldiers roar is greater than a lions

Start from the beginning

"What about our available equipment?"

"There are still some smoke bombs, two barrels of green water, a few cans of inflammable gas, a handful barrier stones and some flare rockets. At the speed we are using our supply they will run out in about two days."

The green water, or how the Soldiers liked to call it, was a stinking, dark green liquid that was created out of the blood of a wind lizard and some poisonous plants. This disgusting mix had a very penetrating smell and if used against the Sphinx, it could confuse their senses and weaken their fighting power for a short while. But it wouldn't work against such a huge amount of Sphinx they were facing. The same with the rest of their resources.

"Two days, huh? Call the team leaders for a meeting."

"Yes. Captain."

Liu Cheng thumped his fist against his chest again before taking large steps over the huge amount of corpses littering the ground until he reached the metal  gate of their temporary camp. 

The entire space was already packed with sweating and dirty soldiers resting their backs against everything they could find, so it took the Vice Captain some time to find and inform all of the relevant people and then arrive at the huge white tent in the middle of the space.

Meanwhile, Sun Zhilong walked over the battleground with slow steps and stabbed his sword in all the Sphinx that he came across that were still moving until the sand in the air became too much to make out much of the surroundings.

Only then did the Man give up on the monsters and walked up to the rusty gate of their base to erect an invisible barrier to shut out the biting storm outside. 

When Sun Zhilong finally stepped through the opening of the huge white tent, the people he was expecting to see were still nowhere inside, so he could only stand on the other side of the round folding table with his arms crossed while waiting for Liu Chen to lead in all the relevant men. As soon as the entrance of the tent dropped behind the last team leader he finally opened his mouth to talk.

"Our resources are getting scarce, we only have about one third of our forces left and our mission is still far from over."

The other people in the tent dropped their heads in despair by the hopeless situation. No one said anything in response to the General's words as all their thoughts turned around in circles until they stopped abruptly with only one question left.

'Will they never see their Familys again?'

"The situation doesn't look good for us, that's true. But it won't be over so easily. I don't plan on giving up without a fight. Even if I only have my sword left to wield and even if I am the last person standing on the battlefield. I will not go down and give those people who send us here a reason to celebrate. What about You?"

A shudder passed through the hearts of the team leaders when they lifted their heads and looked into the black eyes of the General. They were shining with a fierce light as they passed over each of the soldiers present, piercing deeply into their soul.

Liu Chen was the first to wake up from his momentary daze and with a determined expression on his face and the faith that he held for his captain, he took a deep breath and stepped forward.

 "Captain. I, as your vice Captain, will always have your back. No matter what dangers may be ahead. You can count on me."

Only after the vice captain showed his determination and the General turned his eyes to look at the team leaders next did they have the courage to step up front as well.

"We will follow Captain in life and death."

"We won't give up as long as we have your orders to fight."